QC Delay

Anyone one else having delay with QC, I've had a batch waiting since the 23rd.

I would think a failure, sorry for the bad news, from experience after 48 hours if there is no pass you can be sure of waiting a full month before finding out where you failed.

You are not alone, as you read this there are plenty of Alamy contributors failing and waiting for failed QC results.

I am afraid that is the game here at Alamy,  has been from the start and will be for a long time to come.

The only way around this is to offer Technically PERFECT images,  it's that simple,

Paul.

If the OP has a good QC record he shouldn't worry about the 'sin bin' for a single fail.

I've just had a CA fail and the resub passed in a couple of days as usual.

That happened to me as well a couple of months ago.

If the OP has a good QC record he shouldn't worry about the 'sin bin' for a single fail.

Unless you are consistently submitting sub-standard work, there is no restriction on submitting the very same day as a QC fail notification.

dd

Unless you are consistently submitting sub-standard work, there is no restriction on submitting the very same day as a QC fail notification.

dd

That's what I meant - I had a fail and resubmitted the batch the same day of notification and it went through a couple of days later, the same as usual. I didn't have to wait a month as that was my first fail in about 3 years.

John.

My last fail was back in June and I've had loads of successful batches since then so would have thought I've got a reasonable history. I've got 4 batches in QC, the earliest being 7th Jan so it must be a fail.

The problem is I've not had notification of the fail so I'm in limbo (on Alamy) until I do.

I'm going to get my own back though by putting Alamy in my sin bin :)

dd

That's what I meant - I had a fail and resubmitted the batch the same day of notification and it went through a couple of days later, the same as usual. I didn't have to wait a month as that was my first fail in about 3 years.

John.

Sorry John, didn't make myself clear: I was agreeing with what you said. I know some newer folk have gained the impression that you are prevented from uploading after a fail because you are put in this non-existant but still oft-referred to "sin bin" if you fail QC. Doesn't happen, as you and many others have shown :-)

dd

From my understanding, the "Sin Bin" is the wait to find out when you fail. Not after you fail. Supposedly if there is a failed image in your upload, it may take 30 days for Alamy to let you know that that batch has failed. So the sin bin wait is not once you know you have a failure, but the time it takes for Alamy to let you know an image has failed. And of course they will fail all uploads you have in the queue.

I haven't had a failure yet, so have nothing to go by personally.

From my understanding, the "Sin Bin" is the wait to find out when you fail. Not after you fail. Supposedly if there is a failed image in your upload, it may take 30 days for Alamy to let you know that that batch has failed. So the sin bin wait is not once you know you have a failure, but the time it takes for Alamy to let you know an image has failed. And of course they will fail all uploads you have in the queue.

I haven't had a failure yet, so have nothing to go by personally.

That's it exactly Jill. The OP has been waiting but doesn't know if he has a fail or not.

The longer the wait the more chance you have of being in the sin bin.

It still seems strange to me that they won't let you know what's wrong for a month when you could have corrected what was deemed to be wrong. They could still have a time out between letting you know and letting any more batches through QC as a punishment.

I've uploaded 4 batches and don't want to go through them all again without knowing what I'm looking for. Alamy is getting to be too much work for very little reward IMO.

But you will know what you're looking for- the fault specified, in the file specified, and a re-check of the others in the batch if it might be a systemic problem.

In my case CA affected two similar images to the one which failed (filename specified). I knew where to look even though they weren't flagged by Alamy.

Admittedly I did wait for the resub to pass and then submitted them separately after correction.

But it was all very logical. They failed for CA- I checked for CA and corrected- resub-pass. Simples (squeak).

I don't know what I'm looking for because they haven't told me yet - 22 days and counting.

If they told me within a couple of days I could have worked on them and sent them in again with a delay on QC for punishment if they really feel the need to punish.

In the meantime we're both losing money on possible sales.

dd

John.

Sorry John, didn't make myself clear: I was agreeing with what you said. I know some newer folk have gained the impression that you are prevented from uploading after a fail because you are put in this non-existant but still oft-referred to "sin bin" if you fail QC. Doesn't happen, as you and many others have shown :-)

dd

OK, cheers, John.

Archived