20 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Rumoured to be closing. Reported in a thread here recently.

Yes - I searched for those posts but couldn't find them. Maybe they've been deleted? I found my reply to one of them was quoted by someone else, but the post I was replying to isn't there any more. Well I couldn't find it anyway.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

That would be a shame, I hope it's just a rumor, I think its really cool that Alamy accepts mobile photos.

I had a stockimo photo published by the New Yorker and other cool places and although the photos are not licensed for very much, the amounts were unbelievably more than what I would receive from a  photo (non-mobile) licensed for at Getty. I also think there are times when a mobile phone is all you need in certain circumstances and its great to have some place to showcase those shots and license them. Maybe i'll write to member services.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I posted the original closing post. I emailed Alamy because Stockimo app kept crashing. They answered saying not to worry about it as Stocki was finishing in the new year. Still waiting for the announcement, and stack of pictures hoping to upload. 

From the eamil:

"Apologies if you're having issues with the app.

Don’t worry you’re not doing anything wrong, we're currently in the process of retiring the Stockimo app so it's likely that we won't be able to review any new images.

An official announcement about the app's closure will be made soon, it's likely that your account and images will be moved over to the Alamy platform in the new year."

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

This was the other thread: 

That's the one, but some posts have been removed from it. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the posts in this new thread removed too as we're not supposed to discuss the mobile app hereabouts...

Mark

• Alamy locked this topic