Is anyone else having trouble uploading images?

Morning!

My first question on here.

Is anyone else having trouble uploading images? I usually upload about five images at a time. I haven't uploaded for a few weeks, then, when I tried a few days ago, the most it would accept was two images, since then just one at a time. I just get the timer (circle) on the next image in the queue and it doesn't move on from there.

I usually upload directly onto the website, but wonder, if this is a permanent glitch, whether I'd be better off using Filezilla.

Thanks for any input on this.

Sue

A lot can depend on time of day, day of week, IT working, Alamy accepting new catalogue of images, etc.

Try uploading when it is quieter.

Allan

Tried several times today to upload 4 files.  The first three smaller files uploaded, but a larger file (33MB) refused to get beyond the spinning circle. Deleted them all and tried just the smaller files... they uploaded quickly, but when I submitted, they disappeared. The larger one refuses to upload.

13 hours ago, Sharon said:

Tried several times today to upload 4 files.  The first three smaller files uploaded, but a larger file (33MB) refused to get beyond the spinning circle. Deleted them all and tried just the smaller files... they uploaded quickly, but when I submitted, they disappeared. The larger one refuses to upload.

I've found that anything over about 21-22mb won't upload - just get the spinning circle.  I reduce the file size to about 20mb or less by saving at a slightly higher compression level, (11 instead of 12 in Photoshop), then everything goes through.  

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

IDK if one needs PAlamy approval to use their ftp...

You don't just, plug in the credentials.

For some reason FZ stopped working for me. I now use Core FTP. Works fine- as Jeff says, images upload in a few seconds if you have fibre BB.

Edited by spacecadet

6 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I've found that anything over about 21-22mb won't upload - just get the spinning circle.  I reduce the file size to about 20mb or less by saving at a slightly higher compression level, (11 instead of 12 in Photoshop), then everything goes through.  

Thanks, Vincent... I`ll try that.

Edit.. it worked.

Edited by Sharon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...