$7.42 and this is Rights Managed? It might be time to start thinking of calling it a day.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Liam Bunce said:

$7.42

You were lucky... 😎

Yes, the days of good fees are gone... and won't be coming back (unless you capture that elusive image of Lord Lucan riding Shergar).

Call it a day? Maybe... maybe not. But the next time I need to ungrade expensive camera or computer gear, I may decide that's the moment to pack it in...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liam Bunce said:

$7.42 and this is Rights Managed? It might be time to start thinking of calling it a day.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover.

I have got the same license yesterday. This must be a major print magazine in the UK, and with that circulation, the fee should be greater.

Unfortunately, this low prices are greatly discouraging for future efforts... :(

sadly, this seems to be where the stock market is going. 1 dollar, 2 dollar, 7 dollar fees, this is going nowhere! Better than nothing? No, it's just a disaster! I used to be very active in selling stock direct to lots of publications and it was always a respectable price well in excess of $75 or free, and free was very very rare. But free was a better option than chicken feed. We have a momentum in prices which is rapidly making sell stock photography unviable.

Edited by Robert M Estall

15 hours ago, Chris Burrows said:

Had two of these, they were in Woman's Weekly a Future magazine.  Have had pics is a few Future publications and this seems to be about the rate in all of them.  

Thank you for the info, Chris. Mine is this one, so not sure which one of the Future magazines suits better…

couple-of-przewalskis-horse-equus-ferus-

14 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

That is a small fee for any magazine use. However I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "full page" bit. The licensing details given are not always, shall we say, 100% accurate. 

Yes, the size of the image in the magazine doesn't matter anymore.

But what worries me more is this: Print run: up to 500,000

It has to be a major magazine, which should pay far better.