Conflicting Responses on QC

Hello,

I had a submission with 3 photos, where 2 passed and 1 failed.

The two photos had the message that "This image will pass if resubmitted"

I resubmitted the 2 photos that had the "this image will pass" message.

They failed.

Can you advise on what I should do, please?  This feels like a gamble/random.

Last time, I had 3 submissions, and you failed all 3 based on the failure of 1 photo on 1 of the 3 submissions.

One fail, all fail PER SUBMISSION, I understand.  That's why I grouped submissions last time, as I had been assured that 2 "will pass if resubmitted".  I didn't expect they'd fail multiple submissions based on one photo on another submission.

I am 100% sure that a photo will pass QC if they are pin-sharp where they should be sharp, and if I have a message saying "this image will pass if resubmitted".

So, if Alamy are not applying QC consistently, then it seems more like an 8-ball approach.

One fail, all fail PER SUBMISSION, I understand.  That's why I grouped submissions last time, as I had been assured that 2 "will pass if resubmitted".  I didn't expect they'd fail multiple submissions based on one photo on another submission.

I am 100% sure that a photo will pass QC if they are pin-sharp where they should be sharp, and if I have a message saying "this image will pass if resubmitted".

So, if Alamy are not applying QC consistently, then it seems more like an 8-ball approach.

Did you submit three photos? If you only submitted the two they would fail for that reason. Hmmmm . I see you have had three passed now in your portfolio. So maybe I'm wrong. You need to submit three in a batch for your first submission. If you are in now you can submit however many you want. I just looked at your three and you have captioned them all  "Wildlife photography". You need to do a caption of exactly what is in the image. Your caption has a lot of weight when people are searching. Getting into Alamy is the first step. Then your images must be found by clients. You can, of course, correct the captions now with the name of the animal, scientific name, place, etc.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walders said:

No. All batches in a queue will fail if one image fail.

While you have only 3 images, I would recommend you read Alamy guidelines on captions and redo yours. Your tags are good but captions are searchable and should depict what is in the picture. In your case, animal common name, Latin name, location, behaviour if applicable, etc.

Hope this helps.

• Love 1

I submitted 3, but 1 failed.  (for Alamy reviewers: see submission 2.)
2 of those 3 passed, but I had the message that "this will pass if resubmitted"

So I resubmitted those two (27th July), on the understanding that these two "will pass if resubmitted" as promised.

They failed. 

The caption is irrelevant if you don't pass the images that Alamy have stated will pass...

Edited by Walders
typos
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Walders said:

(for Alamy reviewers: see submission 2.)

I don't understand this sentence and am still unsure about what you did. Gen and I are trying to help you. A simple thank you would suffice. I won't go further.

Paulette

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Walders said:

I submitted 3, but 1 failed.  (for Alamy reviewers: see submission 2.)
2 of those 3 passed, but I had the message that "this will pass if resubmitted"

So I resubmitted those two (27th July), on the understanding that these two "will pass if resubmitted" as promised.

They failed. 

The caption is irrelevant if you don't pass the images that Alamy have stated will pass...

Well, you have 3 images for sale with incorrect captions. Sorry for taking the time to help a would be competitor. 

• Like 3

Sorry for offence - I hadn't appreciated that... trying to multitask at work and should have been more thoughtful.
I do appreciate the help - thank you!  And apologies.  

I hadn't realised the whole-queue failure thing - thanks!  Lesson learned.

The issue I have is that in my initial submission (where you have to pass 3 photos), I had 3 attempts (success on attempt 3), third time lucky.  Attempt 2 was 3 photos where 2 of them passed, with the note saying that these would pass if resubmitted.
I had not worried about the captions at the time, because my aim was to get a few photos passed, and then to worry about captions later.  Honestly, I'm not worried about sales just yet, jsut trying to understand the submissions.

Those two photos were photos that Alamy had said would pass, and that I believed would pass based on my understanding of QC.
They failed when I resubmitted, so I don't understand the process.  If Alamy say "this will pass if resubmitted", then what have I done wrong?

If it was still your trial submission, and you only re-submitted the two that didn't fail without adding a replacement for the image that did fail, they would fail for not meeting the requirement to submit three images for initial assessment. You were told that they would pass QC if re-submitted, but you still had to make the submission up to the three required.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

If it was still your trial submission, and you only re-submitted the two that didn't fail without adding a replacement for the image that did fail, they would fail for not meeting the requirement to submit three images for initial assessment. You were told that they would pass QC if re-submitted, but you still had to make the submission up to the three required.

What DJMyford said!

• Like 1

Walders, on a general note, failing QC sucks, you get sin binned so you can't upload for a period and your subsequent submisisons take longer to get QC'd. If you follow this guidance, you should be ok:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-qc-failure-reasons.pdf

It is possible to pass QC successfully every time, I've had 1 fail in 8 years.

Captions and keywording, see these:

https://www.alamy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Captions-and-Tags-checklist.pdf

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tips-for-your-captions-from-the-sales-team

https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

Good luck,

Steve

• Love 1

Thanks.  I passed trial with a different set.  Just going back to the photos that they'd said pass if I resubmitted.
I think it's just going to be a long road to get this batch through, and then I'll start again when my new camera arrives.

3 hours ago, Walders said:

Sorry for offence - I hadn't appreciated that... trying to multitask at work and should have been more thoughtful.
I do appreciate the help - thank you!  And apologies.  

Apology accepted. I failed many times at the beginning. It was definitely a learning experience. I am still cautious and careful in my submissions. A good camera can make a difference.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1