A.I. Photo Editing For Stock Images

Has anyone tried a.i. Photo editing software to speed up image processing for Alamy, was reading on a a.I. software site that after you upload 3,000 of your stock photos to the site the a.i. learns your editing style and then creates a set of presets for your future photos. Claims to be able to edit an image in half a second and after your free trial charges  5 cents per image. Too good to be true?

41 minutes ago, Normspics said:

Has anyone tried a.i. Photo editing software to speed up image processing for Alamy, was reading on a a.I. software site that after you upload 3,000 of your stock photos to the site the a.i. learns your editing style and then creates a set of presets for your future photos. Claims to be able to edit an image in half a second and after your free trial charges  5 cents per image. Too good to be true?

Hmmmm!  I wonder what other uses they might be putting our images to if we upload them?

Allan

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

With Photoshop's new Generative fill (currently in Photoshop Beta, which is free to download), you will be able to do a lot of this without resorting to other services.

Jill

Hi Jill, I have seen the generative fill from Photoshop, I was thinking more along the lines of a set of adjustments I do to nearly every image, just too lazy to do an action and actions in Photoshop has it’s limitations.

17 minutes ago, Normspics said:

Hi Jill, I have seen the generative fill from Photoshop, I was thinking more along the lines of a set of adjustments I do to nearly every image, just too lazy to do an action and actions in Photoshop has it’s limitations.

I use actions all the time, and find them awesome.  You can use actions within actions.  They save me buckets of time.

Jill

2 hours ago, Normspics said:

If this is available would you please post a link. I would be glad to give it a try.

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hmmmm!  I wonder what other uses they might be putting our images to if we upload them?

Allan

Good question. Also, I wonder if the edited images would pass Alamy's QC.

Sounds as if it could be a real boon to some contributors. Not much use to me, though, since I don't use LR, and I'm not exactly a "volume shooter" (sounds a bit ominous, especially these days). 😬

10 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sounds as if it could be a real boon to some contributors.

Johnny old chum,

me thinks primary targets are wedding & event shooters -- high volume short time turnover...?

But, 

I'd pay 5 cents US (~1600 keepers per trip)
a. AI imitative processing my DNGs to TiFs, then I action to JPGs
I'd pay another 5 cents US for
b. AI imitative tagging of my same images
that's $160 for both services per trip, then I could start taking (10) 16-night trips / year...
👩the wifey won't have it, she won't go that often
👨🏻 she's got to bloody let me be me, AI calm down the wifey in 100 words or less...

54 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Johnny old chum,

me thinks primary targets are wedding & event shooters -- high volume short time turnover...?

But, 

I'd pay 5 cents US (~1600 keepers per trip)
a. AI imitative processing my DNGs to TiFs, then I action to JPGs
I'd pay another 5 cents US for
b. AI imitative tagging of my same images
that's $160 for both services per trip, then I could start taking (10) 16-night trips / year...
👩the wifey won't have it, she won't go that often
👨🏻 she's got to bloody let me be me, AI calm down the wifey in 100 words or less...

Jeff, you can do the batch change from DNGs to Tiffs in File-Scripts-Image Processor.  You can choose a whole file to convert at once.

Jill

20 hours ago, Normspics said:

Yes a Lightroom classic plug in.

I use "presets" in LrC saves a lot of time once set up.

Allan

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Jeff, you can do the batch change from DNGs to Tiffs in File-Scripts-Image Processor.

Jillzy

Thanks.
I've converted RAWs-DNGs to TIFs since forever using Adobe Camera RAW...
My point above was paying for AI-tagging+processing specifically learned
from my large sample of tagged-processed images...

but then...🤔 will AI be my tool?  😮or will I be the tool of AI?

Maybe what will develop here is not us directly using AI but paying an expert intermediary to use it for us at 10c an image ( when they pay 5 cents).

Such a person/machine could have access to thousands of my RAW files and what I have done with them in processing to understand my 'style' and then they would know how to tweak the technology to please me and it would cost them hardly any time or effort.

I would pay $100 very readily if I could then scroll through and pick out thise that needed my attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
Jillzy

Thanks.
I've converted RAWs-DNGs to TIFs since forever using Adobe Camera RAW...
My point above was paying for AI-tagging+processing specifically learned
from my large sample of tagged-processed images...

but then...🤔 will AI be my tool?  😮or will I be the tool of AI?

I didn't know you could batch change in Camera Raw.

Jill

On 06/07/2023 at 11:41, Normspics said:

after you upload 3,000 of your stock photos to the site the a.i. learns your editing style and then creates a set of presets for your future photos.

its early days;

seems like sending them both one's pre-processed RAWs & processed TIFs-JPGs would provide more information, more accuracy...?

Jill: open batch of RAWs in ACR, then look for icon in upper right corner of ACR: an arrow pointing down into a box, that's what opens conversion window-menu...

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg