your post a (good / bad) thing ratio -- stock shooting success predictor...?

do you find yourself posting in BAD more often that GOOD?
are those BAD posts about daily mistakes, something going wrong, mess ups, etc.?
does it not follow, then, that the same would happen during course of your stock shooting pursuits?
😯admit it 😐move on 😧start posting more GOOD...

• Dislike 2

I will assume that you're talking about the good/bad things threads, Jeff. 

I am a passionate emotional person. I live a life beyond idyllic following my passions and visions. A life of total freedom and excitement.

Very often, I want to jump on my keyboard to share a good thing. I stop for a few seconds and realise I don't want to appear to be boasting or to make less lucky people sad. So I refrain. As a consequence, I might appear to post more often in the Bad things thread.

My good shots? I post them in the 'Favourite Images' thread. My bad shots I delete.

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

I am a passionate emotional person. I live a life beyond idyllic following my passions and visions. A life of total freedom and excitement.

Very often, I want to jump on my keyboard to share a good thing. I stop for a few seconds and realise I don't want to appear to be boasting or to make less lucky people sad. So I refrain. As a consequence, I might appear to post more often in the Bad things thread.

I hope I speak for all of us, that we love reading about your nomadic life Gen.  I think you pepper your stories with enough tales of woe, such as your recent laptop water damage scare, that not all is idyllic.  Keep posting the good, the bad and the ugly!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I hope I speak for all of us, that we love reading about your nomadic life Gen.  I think you pepper your stories with enough tales of woe, such as your recent laptop water damage scare, that not all is idyllic.  Keep posting the good, the bad and the ugly!

Aww you're such a sweetie Michael. I also don't want to bore people with my tales of the Bush. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Aww you're such a sweetie Michael. I also don't want to bore people with my tales of the Bush. 

I don't get bored of the tales of the bush that you write about Although I may not react to it I find it quite interesting Will be in Australia this year for around 3 weeks Cannot wait 

38 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

I don't get bored of the tales of the bush that you write about Although I may not react to it I find it quite interesting Will be in Australia this year for around 3 weeks Cannot wait 

Thank you Alexander, you will love Australia. 

• Like 1

my OP is merely a suggestion & point of possible discussion;
e.g., I could post something bad:
all my 4th of July fireworks shot were crap because
I misjudged where they would originate & ended up
being too close with no decent foreground....
or I could post something good:
although I got no new fireworks keepers, I have many
from recent years plus I took a few new salable
scenes including food trucks...
😜can you dig this?
PS. is there British term for "food trucks"?  food lorries?  other?  google says "food vans"
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

14 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
my OP is merely a suggestion & point of possible discussion;
e.g., I could post something bad:
all my 4th of July fireworks shot were crap because
I misjudged where they would originate & ended up
being too close with no decent foreground....
or I could post something good:
although I got no new fireworks keepers, I have many
from recent years plus I took a few new salable
scenes including food trucks...
😜can you dig this?
PS. is there British term for "food trucks"?  food lorries?  other?  google says "food vans"

Actually I'm not sure we have a widely used generic term, they tend to be specific to the food..burger van, chip van, ice cream van etc. Food truck is used here, but more by commercial operators/websites than the general public. A friend in California always calls them a roach coach:)

22 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

If you want to charge a lot of £££ for an unremarkable burger 'n' chips, you call it "street food"...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StokeCreative said:

Actually I'm not sure we have a widely used generic term, they tend to be specific to the food..burger van, chip van, ice cream van etc. Food truck is used here, but more by commercial operators/websites than the general public. A friend in California always calls them a roach coach:)

Used to be the “greasy spoon” in a lay by in England 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...