Please give an explanation when locking a topic

M.Chapman

Today I notice a number of forum topics have been locked by Alamy moderators without explanation. Sometimes it's obvious why a thread has been locked (abuse etc.), but in other cases it's not. In which case, as a courtesy to those participating in a thread, it would be nice to see an explanation.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 2
  • Like 5

This is the one I noticed... https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/16601-which-keyword-worked/

She was able to start it up again in a new thread but I had no idea why it was locked. A question about why the entire submission is failed because of one bad image was also locked but there was a link to a former discussion of ours. I appreciated that one because the moderator seemed to know that we've answered that many times. 

Paulette

• Like 1

On 13/04/2023 at 17:44, M.Chapman said:

Today I notice a number of forum topics have been locked by Alamy moderators without explanation. Sometimes it's obvious why a thread has been locked (abuse etc.), but in other cases it's not. In which case, as a courtesy to those participating in a thread, it would be nice to see an explanation.

Mark

Yes even a simple this has been asked and answered so many times before please go to the FAQ for this.

The question about the keywords is not in it btw.

wim

• Love 1

Yep, my question was marked as answered and then locked – before I'd seen any of the responses. The answers given were appreciated but didn't tell me what I wanted to know, so I had to ask again.

To me it would make more sense for the person who asked the question to decide whether the responses provided all the information they wanted, or if they'd like to leave it open in the hope of getting more information.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 13/04/2023 at 11:44, M.Chapman said:

Mark

Afraid I feel the need to add my note to this.  There are better ways to deal with this, In My Opinion.

Chuck