Ultimate and Vital. Guidelines Needed Please

Yes, great story and great images! That lost purple flip-flop between the cauliflowers!

But why flip the wall (or well) of death? He may be right though: what again was that theory about winning and losing armies in pictures?

Interesting is that QC is accepting these as some have issues like CA; smeared detail and color noise. Like the bike; the baskets and the canoe.

They could be straight OOC jpgs, but even then with just a bit more care in post, color noise and CA would easily be corrected.

wim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Alamy give a link to his collection here:

https://www.alamy.com/category/abdul-momin.html

You can open the filter sidebar and choose 'Model Released' so then the number found goes down from 674 to 22. Only one of these, the close-up of two women making baskets, looks as if it really needs a model release - but it doesn't seem to have one, in fact none of them do. Baffling.

They are so beautiful! Amazing what you can do with a drone and, more important, a creative spirit. If I was a magazine editor, I'd want to commission a story just so I could use those images. 

• Love 1

I realize my original search didn't work properly - given the results - and eventually found about 350 in Vital/Creative. A mix of illustrations and photos of flowers, food, textural backgrounds, landscapes, and model released images of hands doing different things. Many of the landscapes have been licensed before, as have some of the others.

Most of my S images made the cut,  including those featured in the twitter "Grid of Greatness," but those I've actually licensed, some more than once, aren't there. 

None in Ultimate which is what I presumed despite my earlier search. Given the images in the most recently featured collection, I can't compete. Just glad some made the "Creative" cut. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marianne said:

I realize my original search didn't work properly - given the results - and eventually found about 350 in Vital/Creative. A mix of illustrations and photos of flowers, food, textural backgrounds, landscapes, and model released images of hands doing different things. Many of the landscapes have been licensed before, as have some of the others.

Most of my S images made the cut,  including those featured in the twitter "Grid of Greatness," but those I've actually licensed, some more than once, aren't there. 

None in Ultimate which is what I presumed despite my earlier search. Given the images in the most recently featured collection, I can't compete. Just glad some made the "Creative" cut. 

but do we even get a chance to compete.  If Alamy does not present even playing field with clear indication how to enter AIM to even fit, and with rules that are respected by all contributors,  people who push don't interpret AIM literally are at a clear advantage.  And i say that as someone whose only Ultimate image likely pushes said boundaries (i think it got it's AIM entries being included with other images 🙂)  

On 22/09/2022 at 14:05, Betty LaRue said:

Yes, a lot of those, and some homemade food. Tomato vines, trees, milkweed, Butterflies, insects.  I have a main pseudo that has most of my stuff. Another for animals, wildlife including all insects, pet animals, etc and one for flowers, trees and all plants, including weeds.

I checked which images were in the Vital category for my main pseudo and it was similar - flowers, food, and some scenery.