Time in QC

I'd be interested to hear the QC situation from other five star contributors. Most of my images go straight through, but I 'suffer' a QC spot-check at random times around the weekend. Last weekend that occurred early on Saturday, so adding in the extra bank holiday and presumably a back-log caused by that my images didn't see the light of day until Thursday. That's a frustrating situation for someone who is still, despite everything, trying to continue to build a sizeable portfolio.

I have 5 stars, and when I get a spot-check, they usually go through the next morning (or the next working day if it's a weekend). Occasionally it takes 2 days, but it seems very unusual to have to wait as long as you did this week.

I'm an expert in keeping the photos in QC,
I have been in QC for more than 1 month.
I was frozen several times.
Today my photos are being verified faster.
Reason: I improved my photos.
I'm a winner.
My sales: in three years 3 sales. Total failure because I didn't understand Alamy
I'm 3 stars

23 hours ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

I'm an expert in keeping the photos in QC,
I have been in QC for more than 1 month.
I was frozen several times.
Today my photos are being verified faster.
Reason: I improved my photos.
I'm a winner.
My sales: in three years 3 sales. Total failure because I didn't understand Alamy
I'm 3 stars

You are telling my story when I first joined. It’s not as if I didn’t do due diligence. I went to the library for books on stock photography, researched online, subscribed to photography magazines. The information was inadequate to say the least. I made so many mistakes those first few years it’s a miracle I ever sold anything. 
Wisdom comes with experience, and this forum helped me more than any research I ever did.

All I can say is keep on keeping on. I did, although I stopped uploading for some months out of discouragement because of the QC failures. It took me awhile to understand what was acceptable and what wasn’t in a photograph for QC standards. Then I bent over backwards and probably tossed some great images that most likely would have passed, but I ran scared.

Betty

• Thanks 1

Betty

Thank you for your words.
It was my mistake and I never gave up I will always keep going because I learned a lot about photography with a very demanding QC.
I buy books on photography, I follow photographers on youtube and I subscribe to a magazine in the area of photography
I'm from the era of analog photography like most photographers and I've always been an amateur photographer.
I am passionate about photography.
Let's go. I improved a lot

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Betty

Thank you for your words.
It was my mistake and I never gave up I will always keep going because I learned a lot about photography with a very demanding QC.
I buy books on photography, I follow photographers on youtube and I subscribe to a magazine in the area of photography
I'm from the era of analog photography like most photographers and I've always been an amateur photographer.
I am passionate about photography.
Let's go. I improved a lot

Jose, when I joined, we still had to submit our photos to Alamy on a CD, mailed away (in my case) from the US to England.  It took a trip to stand in line to the post office to mail them. It usually took a couple of weeks to get the notice whether they passed or failed. A fail meant I was locked out for (I believe) 6 weeks.
It was a major pain in the backside to go through all of that because ONE image out of thirty was “soft & lacking definition “.

I understood the reasoning, but it didn’t make it any easier to swallow.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

Betty
I got into this photo sale about three or four years ago.
I had to learn to improve my skills and understand what the job of selling photos is like.
I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been in times past.
But I think the payment was worth it.
Today the sales values have dropped a lot.
I've been frozen a few times.... I say: I live in a hot country.. so being frozen until it's not bad.