Have you discovered our Ultimate Collection?

New Tweet from the Alamy Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/alamy/status/1562802967769534469

Links to 10,000 Stxxxxmo images. Goalposts seem to have moved, the Ultimate images have not been promoted as S images before to my knowledge. Clearly there are images that aren't S in the Ultimate Collection though, far more than 10,000, so this is just an S promotion though it's not mentioned in the tweet. S has its own Twitter account.

"Stuff yourself with creativity........"

Edited by Harry Harrison

"Meet the Alamy Content team at the NEC Photography Show

Connect and network with Alamy and hundreds of other photographers and exhibitors from around the world at The Photography Show.

Where: NEC, Birmingham

When: 17th -  20th September 2022

We'll be at stand N304 so come along and say hello. You'll be able to ask questions to Contributor Relations, The QC team, News and Infringements team."

Edited by Avpics
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Avpics said:

"Meet the Alamy Content team at the NEC Photography Show

Connect and network with Alamy and hundreds of other photographers and exhibitors from around the world at The Photography Show.

Where: NEC, Birmingham

When: 17th -  20th September 2022

We'll be at stand N304 so come along and say hello. You'll be able to ask questions to Contributor Relations, The QC team, News and Infringements team."

Had that. Not going.

Allan

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

New Tweet from the Alamy Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/alamy/status/1562802967769534469

Links to 10,000 Stxxxxmo images. Goalposts seem to have moved, the Ultimate images have not been promoted as S images before to my knowledge. Clearly there are images that aren't S in the Ultimate Collection though, far more than 10,000, so this is just an S promotion though it's not mentioned in the tweet. S has its own Twitter account.

"Stuff yourself with creativity........"

Not a Twitter so cannot see the item.

I'm stuffed anyway.

Allan

12 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Not a Twitter so cannot see the item.

You don't have to be on Twitter to see it in fact, but not much to see, this is the link to the 10,000 images anyway:

https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/4705098.html?utm_campaign=alamy&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

12 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

You don't have to be on Twitter to see it in fact, but not much to see, this is the link to the 10,000 images anyway:

https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/4705098.html?utm_campaign=alamy&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Hm! Looked at first page thanks.

Allan

13 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hm! Looked at first page thanks.

Allan

Same.... looked at first page. I doubt any of my ‘snaps’ are in there so probably won’t bother looking any further either.🤢 

More a buyers thing.

Edited by Dave Richards
Added text

Lots of fun beautiful photos. Enjoyed browsing several pages. Was hoping I might spot one of my grid of greatness snaps. Not sure that creativity & stock photos are always the same but I can’t argue with their choices. Lovely work. They’ve  sold a few of my more creative ones so I enjoy using the app. 

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Interesting but Uncut are what you might call the Un-chosen ones, the main pool.

Right. I've been looking only at the "curated" images in Uncut, of which there are less than 500 I believe.

I still wonder how well these images do sales-wise. Perhaps there is an Alamy that we nothing about, which is quite possible since the forum is a very small sample of contributors.

7 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I've been looking only at the "curated" images in Uncut, of which there are less than 500 I believe.

Yes, there is a curated selection of around 500 images for each of Ultimate, Vital, Uncut & Foundation so I suppose images chosen for those selections might be expected to sell better. They are in the shop window as it were, but the contents of these particular shops don't seem to reflect the window display.

The results that you get by actually searching within those categories do not live up to expectations whenever I've tried it, the images of mine that have been selected for Vital are quite bizarre. Of course 'selected' is maybe the wrong word, with almost 300 million images then this has to be an automated process at the point the images come through QC, Ultimate is the exception, we are told these are hand-picked and indeed the total for Ultimate has barely changed since the makeover.

I would think that any buyer will quickly revert to searching in All images.

9 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Yes, there is a curated selection of around 500 images for each of Ultimate, Vital, Uncut & Foundation so I suppose images chosen for those selections might be expected to sell better. They are in the shop window as it were, but the contents of these particular shops don't seem to reflect the window display.

The results that you get by actually searching within those categories do not live up to expectations whenever I've tried it, the images of mine that have been selected for Vital are quite bizarre. Of course 'selected' is maybe the wrong word, with almost 300 million images then this has to be an automated process at the point the images come through QC, Ultimate is the exception, we are told these are hand-picked and indeed the total for Ultimate has barely changed since the makeover.

I would think that any buyer will quickly revert to searching in All images.

Yes, once you get inside the shop, things change dramatically. Curating 300 million images is basically impossible by any means, so perhaps Alamy actually expects customers to switch to the "All" filter. I guess we'll never know.

17 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

perhaps Alamy actually expects customers to switch to the "All" filter

Well if that's what they wanted all along I could have suggested a different business plan ☺️. Normal consultancy rates of course.

• Love 1