upsizing images

Hi All,

Sorry I am being really daft here but I cannot see how to upsize an image to the 24MB requirement. All my raw images are about 10MB size. On PS elements I can see how to upscale the pixel count then save as Jpeg. I know the Jpeg has to be about 3 or 4MB but the uncompressed image minimum of 24MB??? But how do I get to work with the 24MB size??? To be honest this has baffled me for a while, if anyone can explain this simply I would really appreciate it. Using PS Elements, just starting to get to grips with Light room.

Colin

Thanks for that, but I did read this and am still not clear on how to do this with PS Elements. I have tried but cant seem to do it.  I can only increase pixel count and then save as Jpeg but this just creates a very large Jpeg file I think? Anyone resize a raw image to 24MB using PS Elements?

OK Thanks Mark. I am using Nikon D300s in Raw and Jpeg modes. So yes above 8MP. But the Raw image is still only around 10MB file size, so that was confusing me!!!!

Well will send the 4 test images anyway and see how it goes. Thanks

As mentioned, you don't need to upsize at all for images from your camera, when you open your raw file in PS it will uncompress to a file allot bigger than 24MB.... and when it is saved as a jpeg, it will be compressed to a file much smaller than 24MB, but no worries as this smaller size is compressed, so when opened again by QC in PS, it will uncompress to it's original larger than 24MB size.

Good luck,

Parm

OK Thanks Mark. I am using Nikon D300s in Raw and Jpeg modes. So yes above 8MP. But the Raw image is still only around 10MB file size, so that was confusing me!!!!

I shoot 18 mp. In PS it is 51.3MB as an opened RAW file, but 23MB as a compressed file in my files. Your camera is a 12 MP, so you should have no issues unless you do too much cropping of your images.

Jill

After you convert the RAW files to 16-bit TIFs, they will be well above the 24MB minimum file size. You can then convert them to 8-bit TIFs (will still be bigger than 24 MB) and then save them as JPEGs (quality 10+) using PS Elements. Good luck.

Archived