Manage images option

Mark Baigent

Hi Paulette

I am trying to get the images in one place so that I can print or screen grab them, print them, and sort them into subject matter, visually.

I also want to sort the images by value but still see the thumbnails again to see what sells etc

Mark

Hi Alex

Thank you, I have got that far but there is no export option on that page.

Ideally I would like an export to spreadsheet option that includes the thubnails.

Not crucial but it would be useful.

ATB

Mark

Sorry, it doesn't have that option. I was going with your comment about doing a screen grab and printing it off.

As someone mentioned in the other thread, you can download your sales to a spreadsheet and organise them on there without a thumbnail (I'm not sure if you can have a thumbnail in a spreadsheet anyway?). You can then sort on the ref number or prices to give you some idea of your best sales.

Hi Alex

Ideally I would like an export to spreadsheet option that includes the thubnails.

ATB

Mark

As far as I remember you can copy and paste the summary of items sold web page including thumbnails into an Excel spreadsheet. I can't test it right now as I did a clean install with Mavericks and have not reinstalled Excel yet but I'm pretty sure it works.

EDIT:  Just checked this on my laptop and it works more or less (MacOS 10.8, Excel 2008) except the images are not bound to cells so need to be dragged around manually after the paste (Paste Special - paste as HTML). They do sit beside the relevant records though so, depending on how many sales you've had, could be a small or very big job. Apologies - I hardly use Excel anymore so forget the correct terminology. But the key point is that is possible.

My preferred solution to this though is to use Lightroom and embed keyword phrases such as Alamy Submitted, Alamy Sold etc. Much easier in the long run.

Hiya

Sorry, it doesn't have that option. I was going with your comment about doing a screen grab and printing it off.

As someone mentioned in the other thread, you can download your sales to a spreadsheet and organise them on there without a thumbnail (I'm not sure if you can have a thumbnail in a spreadsheet anyway?). You can then sort on the ref number or prices to give you some idea of your best sales.

Thanks Alex,

ATB

Mark

Hiya

Hi Alex

ATB

Mark

As far as I remember you can copy and paste the summary of items sold web page including thumbnails into an Excel spreadsheet. I can't test it right now as I did a clean install with Mavericks and have not reinstalled Excel yet but I'm pretty sure it works.

My preferred solution to this though is to use Lightroom and embed keyword phrases such as Alamy Submitted, Alamy Sold etc. Much easier in the long run.

Aha

This sort of works, it has brought the data across. I will have to move all the photos with cut and paste using right click as Iget an error on left clicking.

So 400+ cut and pastes will seen medone.

Thanks,once finished I can just keep it up to date :-)

Mark

Hiya

Hi Alex

ATB

Mark

This sort of works, it has brought the data across. I will have to move all the photos with cut and paste using right click as Iget an error on left clicking.

So 400+ cut and pastes will seen medone.

You shouldn't complain though. 400 thumbs means 400 sales - looks good from just over 2000 images. 

> You shouldn't complain though. 400 thumbs means 400 sales - looks good from just over 2000 images.

I should add, that is over a few years, an average of a sale a week so not an income but a welcome top up to my commisioned work.

• 1 month later...

Archived