Time For Images To Appear In Searches

Hellercreative

Question

Hi, I'm a new contributor. I've had images approved "For Sale" on August 2nd; it's now the 9th, a week later, and after doing a search of images with keywords I know I used, and also under my Contributor Name, it's still coming up with zero results. Is this normal, or does it take some time for my images to appear in keyword searches or under my name?

7 answers to this question

I can find your images using some of your keywords. They are usually searchable after 24 hours.
Great images too - I would suggest that you add the more geographical detail to the captions and keywords, especially the country. Customers searching for firefighters might well looking for a particular country or state.

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Like 1

Looking at your truncated captions has me thinking you submitted these as Live News. I don't do that so maybe someone who does can advise you. I know the pics go into regular stock after a certain amount of time and may need new captions. For the state and country you should put all versions in your keywords... New York State, New York, NY, United States of America, United States, USA, US. Maybe you should start a new thread asking specifically about Live News or add Live News to the title of this one so people will respond on that subject.

Yes, wonderful images.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

18 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Looking at your truncated captions has me thinking you submitted these as Live News. I don't do that so maybe someone who does can advise you. I know the pics go into regular stock after a certain amount of time and may need new captions. For the state and country you should put all versions in your keywords... New York State, New York, NY, United States of America, United States, USA, US. Maybe you should start a new thread asking specifically about Live News or add Live News to the title of this one so people will respond on that subject.

Yes, wonderful images.

Paulette

No new caption required for LN.  They stay on the LN feed for 2 days, and then qualify for Stock, so the 24 hours delay starts then.  

They started appearing immediate under New tab earlier this year, not sure what is happening with the latest change.

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

No new caption required for LN.  They stay on the LN feed for 2 days, and then qualify for Stock, so the 24 hours delay starts then.  

It's true that news captions stay in place but it's often a good idea to amend them for stock purposes. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

It's true that news captions stay in place but it's often a good idea to amend them for stock purposes. 

agree, but statement was that they Need.  They also gain from getting KW and SuperTag which is not a requirement for LN. 

also i don't think these images were loaded as LN, as they would have a "May contain imperfection" notification if they did.

Edited by meanderingemu