First Festival Experience!

Hi All

Inspired by Julie Edwards Blog post on here experience at Glastonbury - https://julieedwards-x.blog/2022/06/30/glastonbury-and-ipad-workflow-pt1/ - I decided that I see if I could get a media pass to CarFest North.....

I do have access to Live News, and so I was able to submit in batches over the weekend - We were allowed into the pits for the first 3 songs, and so I edited and submitted during the rest of the set, so they were all "live" pretty quickly

I would love to hear some feedback on the set that I submitted - https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/4696326.html

How do others promote the photos that have been submitted? To bands, Celebrities, fans??

Any questions - fire away!

Regards

Julian

• Upvote 2

I tend not to offer crit because I'm hardly an exemplary photographer myself but while browsing I saw a typo: 2JJ3MRY

His name is Ronan not Roman.

1 hour ago, Cal said:

I tend not to offer crit because I'm hardly an exemplary photographer myself but while browsing I saw a typo: 2JJ3MRY

Please carry on, a comment such as that is always welcome. After all, the images can now be found. Or at least will be tomorrow.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cal said:

Thanks Cal - Well spotted, I guess that was AutoCorrect!!

Now corrected - Thanks!

Any feedback is welcome - It was one of the reasons why I went..... to improve my technique.... and there were things that I noticed and improved during the weekend.

On 25/07/2022 at 12:19, Jools Devon said:

I would love to hear some feedback on the set that I submitted

A small one, I didn't know he had one but James Martin has a Ford GT40, quite a rare and valuable car, Ford GT is a bit too generic.

32 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

A small one........... is a bit too generic.

On the same theme, I'd suggest you should name the individual artist/celebrity in each image beyond the generic captions. When it comes to 'pop' music I have to admit to being out of touch with the line-ups so when I had the chance to cover some concerts recently I had to do some research beforehand to try to be prepared as far as possible. 5ive are now three, Five Star are now one and S Club Seven are now two! 🙄  Also, current line-ups aren't always original, so having also shot Sister Sledge I now know that Debbie Sledge is the only original Sledge etc, and I'd name the 'Steps' in your shots, if you can!

• Haha 1