Skimpy payments...again.

Tom Cassidy

Question

$.26 for an image? This sure makes one's work seem like an exercise in futility. What is the incentive to shooting, posting and tagging if all that is given is a pittance? Just venting I guess.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 answers to this question

I share your pain on this one.  Mixed in with my sales of late have been total sale amounts of $.26 just as you have experienced.   And, I am sure we are not alone.

The good news though is that there are examples of larger sales as well.

Too bad there is not some form of minimum royalty.  The commission on a $.26 sale is discouraging for sure!

• Love 1
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Bruce Leighty said:

I share your pain on this one.  Mixed in with my sales of late have been total sale amounts of $.26 just as you have experienced.   And, I am sure we are not alone.

The good news though is that there are examples of larger sales as well.

Too bad there is not some form of minimum royalty.  The commission on a $.26 sale is discouraging for sure!

i am always of two minds with these penny sales, would i rather they didn't happen yes, but if I look at search results and see image now ranks on first line (my last penny sale does), i wonder if it's better than not having them. 

on the other hand i don't see any such impact from the distributor deals. 

17 hours ago, John Gaffen said:

Certainly suffering from low sales prices in 2022, don't quite understand this trend, when the cost of living  for everything,  including, fuel, food etc. etc. are all rising dramatically? 

Selling photos, images and videos is inversely proportional to the cost of other goods and services in nowadays. Soon images and videos will be for free or this company will charge us to sell here.

On 11/04/2022 at 20:29, Tom Cassidy said:

$.26 for an image? This sure makes one's work seem like an exercise in futility. What is the incentive to shooting, posting and tagging if all that is given is a pittance? Just venting I guess.

Got to add this...Five sales totaling a breathtaking ... hold on, here it comes... $1.32! One the other day for $.26. Minus 60%, hardly worth the effort.

I guess, something is better than nothing and  there are still a few  larger  sales coming through,  although they are getting thinner on the ground.   but its  rather discouraging,  as others have already said. 

On 21/04/2022 at 08:57, John Gaffen said:

Certainly suffering from low sales prices in 2022, don't quite understand this trend, when the cost of living  for everything,  including, fuel, food etc. etc. are all rising dramatically? 

We are supplying PA with a library of images to use at minimal cost in their newspapers. In the long term it will save them money having bought Alamy. It's an investment for them. It's got nothing to do with the cost of living unfortunately.