What should I shoot?

IVAN VIEITO GARCIA

Question

Hi everyone,
I've discovered recently and I saw that Alamy is looking for pictures of several places in the icon "What should I shoot?", and I've uploaded them to my dashboard with several tags and I've clicked in the blank boxes in the chart "Pictures needs". Is it necessary to do anything else?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Yours sincerelly.

8 answers to this question

You can shoot whatever you want but, DO NOT UPLOAD TO ALAMY. See below why I'm telling you that.

From the three sales I received a staggering grand total of 12 cents. Yes, I was paid 4 cents for each sale!!!! Isn't it extraordinary? Right now, the only thing I'm saying is: Can't wait for the next sales! 

As you can see, you will be loosing your time.

• Dislike 2

5 hours ago, ribeiroantonio said:

You can shoot whatever you want but, DO NOT UPLOAD TO ALAMY. See below why I'm telling you that.

From the three sales I received a staggering grand total of 12 cents. Yes, I was paid 4 cents for each sale!!!! Isn't it extraordinary? Right now, the only thing I'm saying is: Can't wait for the next sales! 

As you can see, you will be loosing your time.

It's acceptable to complain about low fees (although you agreed to hand over pricing decisions when you signed the contract) but it's not acceptable to denigrate Alamy on its own forum.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It's acceptable to complain about low fees (although you agreed to hand over pricing decisions when you signed the contract) but it's not acceptable to denigrate Alamy on its own forum.

i understand the frustration of some, but these to seem to be targeted deals on some specific choices that contributor made, RF images offered through specific distribution channels, possibly even some lack of image restrictions (haven't seen any Editorial images reported as sales).  I have more issues with the low communication from Alamy- what Market for example, so that contributor make informed decisions, and then decide what serves them best

Edited by meanderingemu

7 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

I have more issues with the low communication from Alamy- what Market for example, so that contributor make informed decisions, and then decide what serves them best

This is the biggest problem with a number of issues... @Alamy do not respond and it comes across as not giving a **** unfortunately. 😒

Phil

• Love 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

This is the biggest problem with a number of issues... @Alamy do not respond and it comes across as not giving a **** unfortunately. 😒

Phil

So I just got a naughty point for this. What is wrong  @Alamy when I make a genuine comment about your apparent lack of care for your contributors that you cannot just answer like a reasonable human being instead of behaving like a dictatorial overlord?

Phil

• Love 2

31 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

So I just got a naughty point for this. What is wrong  @Alamy when I make a genuine comment about your apparent lack of care for your contributors that you cannot just answer like a reasonable human being instead of behaving like a dictatorial overlord?

Phil

Tend to agree, your language was quite blunt but Alamy hiding behind a strike without answering the point is cowardly.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Tend to agree, your language was quite blunt but Alamy hiding behind a strike without answering the point is cowardly.

Exactly!

And there have been a number of genuine concerns that have been brought up here in the forums that they are ignoring....What do they expect us to think about their lack of response?

Phil