Seems to me that just about all my personal use licenses are refunded. Annoying, especially when even that paltry fee dwarfs the sub $1 fest I'm having. And for the life of me I do not get why anyone would want, say, a shot of a specific box of medication as a poster on their wall or whatever. I assume that once they have the image and have paid for it there is no way to get the image back and it is theirs to do as they please with.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

..... a shot of a specific box of medication as a poster on their wall or whatever. 

It appears that they believe that they are buying the medication, then ask for a refund when they realise their mistake. I feel your pain (but will go to a chemist for the pain relief).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Seems to me that just about all my personal use licenses are refunded. Annoying, especially when even that paltry fee dwarfs the sub $1 fest I'm having. And for the life of me I do not get why anyone would want, say, a shot of a specific box of medication as a poster on their wall or whatever. I assume that once they have the image and have paid for it there is no way to get the image back and it is theirs to do as they please with.

Which is why 99% of my images are not available for personal use.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stu said:

I would hope that Alamy can confirm that the file was never downloaded, but I can't recall seeing them state that as fact.

Still, when PU sales stick, they're worth more than most of my regular sales to websites and newspapers.

• Like 3

On 05/03/2022 at 20:19, Sally said:

Which is why 99% of my images are not available for personal use.

don't know if it's just a coincidence but around the same time I disabled PU on a lot of my images my sales numbers dropped somewhat as did the royalties I receive. Nowadays receiving 9.99 or even 19.99 for a PU is a luxury compared to the sub $5 sales that are common. Not sure if it was worth it to be honest!