Today, I made my first real money as a stock photographer

4 hours ago, John Walker said:

Today, I made my first real money as a stock photographer

I sold my camera    🤣

Sorry - Couldn't resist it.

SNAP!   I sold my very little used Sony A7 mk3 last week.

Allan

When I have had a bit more of a sort out I will be selling more.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Strange, that although invited to comment here and clarify the dangerously steep decline in contributors' fees Alamy have remained silent. The old Alamy would have jumped in straight away to explain things. Ah well.

As I won't be uploading any more images to Alamy unless things improve my gear is now focussed (pardon pun) on video output for another stock agency who pay better.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder, how many photographers here they do not care or accept this reality of photographs in 7 cents, perhaps they are like many of us resigned. For my part, the sale of my photography equipment is going well. 

Perhaps it is a very uncomfortable issue for some of the photographers who collaborate on this site, to comment on the low commissions.

8 minutes ago, alexandersr said:

I wonder, how many photographers here they do not care or accept this reality of photographs in 7 cents, perhaps they are like many of us resigned. For my part, the sale of my photography equipment is going well. 

Perhaps it is a very uncomfortable issue for some of the photographers who collaborate on this site, to comment on the low commissions.

I have made 100% of my income from photography since my early 20's (now in my 60s), before that, I worked for a photographer.  Stock has been a part of that income since the beginning of going on my own.  It quickly became 50-60% of my yearly earnings.  Now it is well less than 10% with many many more images available of mine.  The value of stock photos has dropped over these last few years like the Ruble has dropped in this past week.  I am fortunate to have enough assignment work to offset the loss of stock income.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Continuing from my post above I have now had some more income from selling four of my Sony FE lenses. 16-35, 24-70, 70-200, and 200- 600.

Sing along with me  " I'm in the money ----"

Allan