This is becoming a joke - editorial sales

This may get merged into another thread by someone ..

Just had my usual month end "rush" of sales show up,   The last 7 read like this :-

Worldwide, Editorial, Website

$5.16, $5.16,    $7.12 ,  $0.92  $0.88  $0.98  and a whopping $1.15    All of these shots would have been filed as "live news" when I originally took them and involved hours of travel, hours getting the pictures etc.   Sure above the list I had a $167 use, but the remaining values are an insult.

I have to say if there was a way of opting out of a sale < a certain value, I would do it. I mean, how can Alamy make any money out of this, their admin costs on processing these sales must exceed that.

Rant over

Simon 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Simon said:

I have to say if there was a way of opting out of a sale < a certain value, I would do it.

Simon 

Yes! We need this in some form. Novel use or call it what you will, but as contributors we would welcome the choice of being involved in these bulk deals or not.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Just had my usual month end "rush" of sales show up, 

Hi Simon. It may be of little consolation, but if your reporting is similar to others then these are most likely mostly the DOOH licences that a number of us have had and that the end of month surge is yet to arrive. I've not had my newspaper sales through yet, of which I usually get a dozen or so of various values from $$$ to the low $ of what was the newspaper scheme. Let's see what Monday brings.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Hi Simon. It may be of little consolation, but if your reporting is similar to others then these are most likely mostly the DOOH licences that a number of us have had and that the end of month surge is yet to arrive. I've not had my newspaper sales through yet, of which I usually get a dozen or so of various values from $$$ to the low $ of what was the newspaper scheme. Let's see what Monday brings.

Hi  - just 2 of these were DOOH

I suspect my end of month "surge" is over ..  On the plus side I had video sales from Xmas, Boxing Day, and New year which were much healthier and paid the same day !  At the end of the day we all have free choice where and how we file, which I will be doing over the next few weeks.

• Love 2