commission

martin carroll

Question

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, martin carroll said:

Hello  - I've only just noticed that as of August last year I've been charged 60% commission on all sales;  material supplied is exclusive to Alamy.   Any ideas please ?

Yes, 60% is the current Alamy scrape-off for all images, exclusive or not, unless you are one of the few who gross $25K per Alamy year in which case  you will get 50% of exclusive sales fees. Unless they are sold via distributors, of course, in which case you get even less.

There was a huge thread about this when the contract changed last Summer. You should have been sent at least two emails about the contract change.

Also see:

Edited by Cryptoprocta

3 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Yes, 60% is the current Alamy scrape-off for all images, exclusive or not, unless you are one of the few who gross $25K per Alamy year in which case  you will get 50% of exclusive sales fees. Unless they are sold via distributors, of course, in which case you get even less.

There was a huge thread about this when the contract changed last Summer. You should have been sent at least two emails about the contract change.

Also see:

don't forget the increase in Affiliates also where Alamy charges an extra 6%.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting new thread. It supports my crackpot theory that most Alamy contributors aren't even aware of the new contract and commission changes.

Hmmm... 🤔

nor how to fill caption based on another thread 😉

it will be even worse after July.   Remember that anyone that wasn't exclusive probably saw little impact from change, so wait until they get their first 80%+ commission charge.  

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting new thread. It supports my crackpot theory that most Alamy contributors aren't even aware of the new contract and commission changes.

Hmmm... 🤔

I have reservations that some don’t even realise that they have a contract!!

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

it will be even worse after July.   Remember that anyone that wasn't exclusive probably saw little impact from change, so wait until they get their first 80%+ commission charge.  

Yes, that upcoming event should produce some interesting, lemming-like responses. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

• Love 1

15 hours ago, martin carroll said:

Hello  - I've only just noticed that as of August last year I've been charged 60% commission on all sales;  material supplied is exclusive to Alamy.   Any ideas please ?

With less than 500 images I'm going to presume you'll be paying at least 80% commission in July/Aug as per the new contract. It'll be down to how much your gross sales add up to though.