Test submission fail

Burloncita

Question

Hello everyone! I am new here and didn't find an answer to my question on the forum. I had submitted three test fotos for QC. Today I got rejection for the test batch, but the comments under each photo left me without understanding, what exactly is wrong. EACH ONE of 3 fotos has the same note "Unfortunately, we need all three images to pass for your first submission. This image will pass if resubmitted, but check images with a failure reason." Which I literally read as - each one of 3 images PASSES, but all three are still rejected, without any reasoning.. what am i missing? Thanks in advance for any help. 🙏☺️

Edited by Burloncita

11 answers to this question

or Start over, put your camera on something stable, take 3 general shots of something simple in ideal conditions, and upload these.  Alamy doesn't care about the content of the first 3, they just want to know you know how to operate a camera, and have minimum camera requirements

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

I take it you are saying that under all 3 images they said "This Image will pass if resubmitted" yet failed the lot without giving a reason. So if all would pass if resubmitted, why did they fail in the first place?  Is that correct?  If so, Alan is right, you will have to contact contributors@alamy.com and ask for clarification.

Jill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I take it you are saying that under all 3 images they said "This Image will pass if resubmitted" yet failed the lot without giving a reason. So if all would pass if resubmitted, why did they fail in the first place?  Is that correct?  If so, Alan is right, you will have to contact contributors@alamy.com and ask for clarification.

Jill

Exactly 😅 very strange..

• Like 1

Hia, i'm new here, and have a related problem. My first upload was rejected becouse one picture. The other two were ok. I don't know hou i re send them and substitut the failed one. Can anyone help me? or should I make a new post instead? Thankyou

11 hours ago, cascarilla3 said:

Hia, i'm new here, and have a related problem. My first upload was rejected becouse one picture. The other two were ok. I don't know hou i re send them and substitut the failed one. Can anyone help me? or should I make a new post instead? Thankyou

Hi. You are effectively blocked for a period for submitting (not sure how long it is these days) - it's an Alamy incentive for contributors to QC their own work. See:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3&_gl=1*8nfyd2*_ga*MjMwOTc1NjQ2LjE2MDU4Njg5ODk.*_ga_M5V9H9N7G8*MTY3NDU1MTA4Ni4xNjE5LjEuMTY3NDU1MTQ4Ny4wLjAuMA..

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

• Thanks 1

Alamy expects you to reassess the image which failed and decide whether it is a one-off problem or if it represents a problem in your workflow which may affect other photographs you may submit.

The purpose of Alamy's initial QC check is to establish whether your camera is up to the task of producing images of sufficient quality  and whether you, as the photographer, have at least the basic skills to take and process images for submission to a sufficient standard to be accepted into the library. Alamy does not not  check every image you subsequently submit but places the responsibility for QC on your shoulders. After the initial 100% submission check, they assume your workflow will continue to meet their standards and will check a few images from each batch you submit. If you fail a QC check at this stage, all you images in the QC queue are failed and you will need to check them yourself before resubmitting. Persistent failure will invoke a temporary suspension of upload rights.

Therefore, it is important to establish at this early stage if the problem with the failed image is something  just a one-off error or not. If it is, either correct the error if you can or delete the photo and submit another. If the reason given for the failure suggests a more persistent problem which may affect other photos you take, then look what can be done to correct that problem for the long term before making another submission. Examples of a wider problem may be using an inferior lens (producing images which are too soft), an issue in using the camera (e.g. underexposing) or an issue in processing (e.g. oversharpening). If you are not sure, seek guidance in the forum as there is a wealth of experience available.

After a period for you to undertake this process (I'm not sure how long either) you will be granted the facility to make a new initial submission of three images. Most people would resubmit the two previous images which passed, plus a replacement for the failed image. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3