Bank transfer fees

Panthera tigris

Question

For those who get paid by bank transfer, what are the bank charges like for:

a) a UK bank account

b) a US bank account

Thanks, trying to figure if one is better than the other to use. Have been using PayPal and now just changed to Skrill but not 100% sure what their fees are like and looking for cheapest way to get paid. Paypal was OK because I could just buy meals, goods, etc with it. Skrill is a bit of a dead end for me as its not much used in Asia so may have to fork out an additional 2% to transfer to my bank as well.

Edited by Panthera tigris
typo

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Panthera tigris said:

For those who get paid by bank transfer, what are the bank charges like for:

a) a UK bank account

b) a US bank account

I am a UK citizen living in the UK with Alamy payments to my UK bank account with no bank charges. This is the norm here.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Perhaps US payments go through Alamy's  NY (Brooklyn) office.

I've never had charges and Alamy didn't have a Brooklyn office when I joined. From other postings I gather than some people do run into bank charges here.

Paulette

8 hours ago, NYCat said:

I've never had charges and Alamy didn't have a Brooklyn office when I joined. From other postings I gather than some people do run into bank charges here.

Paulette

I guess that in the US it depends on the bank. Canadian banks charge fees for just about everything -- at least $15 for international wire transfers IME.

When I used to get old fashioned cheques (a.k.a. "checks") from Alamy, I seem to recall that they came from Albany NY. Can't remember the wherefore or the why at this point, though.

On 14/11/2021 at 01:44, John Mitchell said:

Perhaps US payments go through Alamy's  NY (Brooklyn) office.

That would make sense, because if I swift (from overseas) to a US bank I get charges but if I ABA to transfer from one US bank to another I don't see any charges upfront.