Visibility

ASarabia

Question

14 answers to this question

For some reason, I can't see any of your photos when I click on the 25 next to 'images' in your details on your post. Usually that would let me see your files.

Have you had confirmation that they've been accepted? It can take a bit longer for newbies to get their images accepted.

Then it can be a day, sometimes two after they are accepted before they appear in your portfolio.

(If  you only joined on Sunday, that's almost certainly the explanation.)

If you've got your caption, at least 5 keywords, licence type and image type indicated on the 'mandatory' details page, your files should be visible after then next refresh of the collection after they've been accepted, which is only once a day, (I'm not sure about weekends).

2 hours ago, ASarabia said:

Hello, I just started and my images are still without visibility or with little visibility. Do I have to do anything to be in full visibility? Thank you for your help

I assume you are talking about the orange/green bar that tells you the "visibility" of your images.  Ignore it, it means nothing.  Just drives you crazy.  I only have 10% of my images that have good visibility.  Just be sure to fill in all the relevant info, a good caption, and only keywords that actually refer to your image.  Don't put in useless keywords so you can get the magic green bar.  I wish Alamy would get rid of that feature, it serves no purpose.

Jill

Thank you very much Jill, I stay calmer. Although I have all my photographs in orange on the control panel it still tells me that 42 are not yet for sale. Do you know why this is the reason? I thank you for the attention with a rookie

If they are all approved and they nominated me by mail, add bald words and the bar was placed in orange, in the breads it says that only 25 are for sale and with little visibility and 40 are not yet although they have the orange bar. Don't I understand the process yet?

15 minutes ago, ASarabia said:

If they are all approved and they nominated me by mail, add bald words and the bar was placed in orange, in the breads it says that only 25 are for sale and with little visibility and 40 are not yet although they have the orange bar. Don't I understand the process yet?

You've missed something in those images to get them on sale.  Do they have captions?  A minimum of 5 keywords?  Those are the two mandatory elements to go on sale. You should also fill in most of the optional ones as well. 

Jill

Hi,

due to the fact that I'm also new here, first of all Hello! and already thank you for support.

I do not have the same but similar problem. Several pictures are approved, filled with the necessary descriptions and marked as "on sale" in yellow. OK so far.

The problem is, that they are not shown on my portfolio page and you also cannot find them by searching in the database. Is there an additional check from the lead needed after

filling in the descriptions, which takes additional time before I can see them in my portfolio?

Thanks in advance for your Help

Olaf

The subject of discoverability crops up every other week. Look at this thread for advice or search the forum  for other threads on discoverability.

I'm slightly surprised we are not able to see any of your 25 images. Newly uploaded images usually become available the weekday after you finish adding keywords (tags) and caption. If it is more than a few days since you uploaded and captioned/keyworded your images, you might want to raise a query with contibutor relations (contributors@alamy.com).

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

El tema de la capacidad de descubrimiento surge cada dos semanas. Mire este hilo para obtener consejos o busque en el foro otros hilos sobre la visibilidad.

Me sorprende un poco que no podamos ver ninguna de sus 25 imágenes. Las imágenes recién cargadas suelen estar disponibles el día de la semana después de que termine de agregar palabras clave (etiquetas) y subtítulos. Si han pasado más de unos pocos días desde que subió y subtituló / agregó palabras clave a sus imágenes, es posible que desee plantear una consulta con relaciones con el colaborador (contributors@alamy.com).

In fact, you don't see any, I have also tried without success. I will wait a couple of days, to see if they are published, in case the problem continues, I will write to the email that you indicate. What I also do not understand that there are still 43 images not for sale, if they are also labeled correctly.