How long does it take to get my images published?

LEDmedusae

Question

My first images are there from October 16th, it says they're on sale since then. But they don't appear in search results. I searched with their "super tags" and Vector category, and clicked on the New tab to see the new content on the website but nothing so far... In "My Status" it says I've 1 image on sale with good discoverability and 2 on sale with poor discoverability, while 0 "not on sale".

Do I need to do an extra-step to make the publishing effective? Or just, the first submission requires an inspection that will take several days, maybe?

Just to be sure I did everything already from my side.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Don't use the new tab. I see in your avatar here that you have 3 images. If you click on that number you will see them. They changed the criteria for the new tab and I think now it uses the date the photo was taken. I don't know what that would mean for you since I believe you are not submitting photographs.

Paulette

• Love 1

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

They changed the criteria for the new tab and I think now it uses the date the photo was taken. I don't know what that would mean for you since I believe you are not submitting photographs.

Oh! Thank you I had no idea, than that's why... Becuase I didn't specify any date, since it's a vector and I didn't know it was a "thing". I will try putting the date, thanks!

I've searched for your three images and I can confirm they are available for sale.  You might have trouble finding them in a normal search with only one or two keywords because there are so many other similar vector images, so it may be a case of having to look very carefully amongst the crowd.

13 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I've searched for your three images and I can confirm they are available for sale.  You might have trouble finding them in a normal search with only one or two keywords because there are so many other similar vector images, so it may be a case of having to look very carefully amongst the crowd.

Thanks, I tried now to search for 5 keywords and it shows up. But I'm not happy with that because for example I have a salad pattern but I cannot find it if I just search "salad cartoon pattern vector", while instead in the New tab there are several of them. How do I get access to such visibility, then, in the same way those other "New" ones do, with those 4 keywords? I think it's unlikely a customer would go further with keywords...

Same goes for the other images, how can I get the same visibility of the others in "New"? I don't think they're like curated contents because some in "New" look objectively bad, so I don't understand the criteria...

Also what does the tab "Creative" select? I can't understand how to get access to this one as well and contents don't remarkably seem different than the other tabs.

12 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Don't forget to add British English spellings.  For image 2H156FG you have 'colorful' but not 'colourful'.

Thank you, I will (I'm not a native speaker)

57 minutes ago, LEDmedusae said:

Thanks, I tried now to search for 5 keywords and it shows up. But I'm not happy with that because for example I have a salad pattern but I cannot find it if I just search "salad cartoon pattern vector", while instead in the New tab there are several of them. How do I get access to such visibility, then, in the same way those other "New" ones do, with those 4 keywords? I think it's unlikely a customer would go further with keywords...

Same goes for the other images, how can I get the same visibility of the others in "New"? I don't think they're like curated contents because some in "New" look objectively bad, so I don't understand the criteria...

Also what does the tab "Creative" select? I can't understand how to get access to this one as well and contents don't remarkably seem different than the other tabs.

I don't know why your new images do not show up in the new search. It may be something you need to raise with contributor relations. They are doing some system upgades at the moment, so that might be affecting things - only Alamy can tell you.

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Correcting typos
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, LEDmedusae said:

If i search "salad cartoon pattern"  your image is the 2nd out of 1400s which is pretty good (it is top if i select the vector filter).  The best way to have high ranking, beyond the usual Caption, Supertag and Keywords, is to have images that are under represented, with 87000 vector images of pumpkins, not sure there is much chance to reach top of searches. 

On 20/10/2021 at 12:00, meanderingemu said:

If i search "salad cartoon pattern"  your image is the 2nd out of 1400s which is pretty good (it is top if i select the vector filter).  The best way to have high ranking, beyond the usual Caption, Supertag and Keywords, is to have images that are under represented, with 87000 vector images of pumpkins, not sure there is much chance to reach top of searches. 

Oh that's true! So I assume the indicization also takes a while... Now I can see it also in the New tab. That means it took around 4-5 days to show up... Pumpkin is found as well. I wonder if the indicization started when I published them, or when I added a date (it wasn't mandatory so I didn't think it was important until I've been told to do so). In this case the delay would be half my fault as well...

Yeah I know, I already do this in 3D modeling, I make niche objects with low competition... Here I didn't really want to be "top 1", but just to understand how to get access to the New tab (and it happened apparently, after a while), and how the Creative tab works. I can spend more time making better quality images if this grants access to greater visibility tools, I just didn't know how to get it.

Edited by LEDmedusae

5 minutes ago, LEDmedusae said:

Oh that's true! So I assume the indicization also takes a while... Now I can see it also in the New tab. That means it took around 4-5 days to show up... Pumpkin is found as well. I wonder if the indicization started when I published them, or when I added a date (it wasn't mandatory so I didn't think it was important until I've been told to do so). In this case the delay would be half my fault as well...

Yeah I know, I already do this in 3D modeling, I make niche objects with low competition... Here I didn't really want to be "top 1", but just to understand how to get access to the New tab (and it happened apparently, after a while), and how the Creative tab works. I can spend more time making better quality images if this grants access to greater visibility tools, I just didn't know how to get it.

the usual schedule, when things are working properly, new images are added to the database daily overnight UK time, and server gets updated around 10-11AM, once images are ready for sale, so once passed QC and basic caption and KWs done (if you load image with those done ahead, images would go for sale with 24 hours after QC).  

This is the process- maybe something different on the first set of images.  One note the server has had a few hiccups over the last year, and we have seen a few cases where images took 48 hours...

• Love 1