Martyn

That’s terrible. “That” being the groom. Besides the hours spent shooting, the photographer would have had days going through all the images and editing them, for peanuts. 
So many people really don’t have any idea how much work is involved shooting weddings. I was 2nd photographer once and even that about wiped me out with the work involved. Thank heavens I was there, because the main was late and didn’t show up until right before the the wedding started and I was the only one there to get dressing room shots for bride and groom.

When it was all done, editing and all, I said never again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

That’s terrible. “That” being the groom. Besides the hours spent shooting, the photographer would have had days going through all the images and editing them, for peanuts. 
So many people really don’t have any idea how much work is involved shooting weddings. I was 2nd photographer once and even that about wiped me out with the work involved. Thank heavens I was there, because the main was late and didn’t show up until right before the the wedding started and I was the only one there to get dressing room shots for bride and groom.

When it was all done, editing and all, I said never again. 

I have done a couple of wedding shoots for family. No payment involved I was happy to help out and was fed and watered along with my wife. It was an experience which added to my photography knowledge but I would never try to be a professional wedding photographer.

I admire Mick for taking on the work in a professional basis.

Allan

The best thing I ever did was give up weddings. I hated the build up to the day, dressing up for the day, shooting the day, the editing for oodles of hours afterwards, the wedding fairs - just everything was awful. 

I was ALWAYS fed with the guests and ate what they ate, because I had the intelligence to make that part of the contract. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2