Copying keywords

I have always used my name as one of my keywords. 

If I type my name into alamy search however a number of other submitters images are coming up also. This is because they have similar images to mine and have copied all the keywords from my image to theirs, how lazy. If you're struggling to find keywords by all means take a look at similar images for inspiration but copying the lot is not on in my book.

Is there anything I can do sto stop it? 

14 minutes ago, zappa04 said:

I have always used my name as one of my keywords. 

If I type my name into alamy search however a number of other submitters images are coming up also. This is because they have similar images to mine and have copied all the keywords from my image to theirs, how lazy. If you're struggling to find keywords by all means take a look at similar images for inspiration but copying the lot is not on in my book.

Is there anything I can do sto stop it? 

Try searching on some of the micros too. My name comes up there as well.

The bad thing: their photos are mostly worse, but some come up before mine. Not just on Alamy, but also on Google Images. So it looks as if these images are mine.

Two things can be done: removing our name from the keywords. (This will not work for Live News btw.)

And I just figured out another way:

Hey,

Ismail Amdawadi;
Artem Avetisyan;
Pocholo Calapre;
Antonio Jose Jimenez Cabeza;
Adrea Donati;
William Donald Fitzpatrick;
Mark Green;
Wieslaw Jarek;
Anatoly Morozov;
Sergi Reboredo;
TMP - An Instant of Time;
Xiaolei Wu;

If you remove my name from your images, I will remove your name here!

Hah that'll teach them! 😁

wim

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Try searching on some of the micros too. My name comes up there as well.

The bad thing: their photos are mostly worse, but some come up before mine. Not just on Alamy, but also on Google Images. So it looks as if these images are mine.

Two things can be done: removing our name from the keywords. (This will not work for Live News btw.)

And I just figured out another way:

Hey,

Ismail Amdawadi;
Artem Avetisyan;
Pocholo Calapre;
Antonio Jose Jimenez Cabeza;
Adrea Donati;
William Donald Fitzpatrick;
Mark Green;
Wieslaw Jarek;
Anatoly Morozov;
Sergi Reboredo;
TMP - An Instant of Time;
Xiaolei Wu;

If you remove my name from your images, I will remove your name here!

Hah that'll teach them! 😁

wim

:lol: guess you told ‘em!

Seems like I read something a long time ago that Alamy frowned on us adding our names to tags. I had been doing it forever. I guess it wasn’t pushed, probably because so many of us do it.  And that was back in the time where it would have been an image-by-image process to remove them. I have a different name for plants, and another for nature/wildlife.(bugs, butterflies & birds, mostly)

I see no reason to have my name in tags except for news images in the caption.

Oddly enough I also seem to have done it for one set of archive images, but they are portraits, so I think that's legit.

I see thereby that a British rally driver and a US Coastguard photographer share my name- they're in captions too.

10 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Seems like I read something a long time ago that Alamy frowned on us adding our names to tags.

I seem to remember something like that too, though the contract (4.2) states, re metadata  "... (i) only includes information pertaining to the Content itself; and (ii) does not include contact details, web addresses, URLs, copyright and rights management information,..."

While it doesn't specifically mention the contributor's name it's possible 'contact details' might be a grey area.

2 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I seem to remember something like that too, though the contract (4.2) states, re metadata  "... (i) only includes information pertaining to the Content itself; and (ii) does not include contact details, web addresses, URLs, copyright and rights management information,..."

While it doesn't specifically mention the contributor's name it's possible 'contact details' might be a grey area.

That’s probably what I remember, and possibly a forum discussion that I ignored! B)