Re-edit a photo

Noah

Question

7 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Steve F said:

No

Or leave both up and point to each other.  If you want to delete after the new versions go up, Contributor Services can delete the older versions faster than the usual six months.

The argument for deleting the old photos is that they may show up before the better revised photos and not get a zoom.  The argument for leaving older versions up is that if you don't do this that often, you give photo editors a choice of styles.   If you delete from Alamy Image Manager, the old photo stays up for six months.  If you want the old photo deleted faster, ask Alamy contributor relations to delete it.  Judgement calls.  

13 hours ago, MizBrown said:

The argument for deleting the old photos is that they may show up before the better revised photos and not get a zoom.  The argument for leaving older versions up is that if you don't do this that often, you give photo editors a choice of styles.   

The other argument for leaving is i have had a few sales where search was based on the Image ID, so someone had identified the image beforehand-likely a researcher- and the purchaser downloaded it after.  If you ask Alamy to delete it immediately you would force client to search again, and maybe miss your alternate

you can manipulate the placement if this is a concern to reduce the risk.  First thing is to remove the Super Tag from the original image, maximise them on the old then make the KW and description more marginal.  So the image is still there but less likely to but tops. 

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

The other argument for leaving is i have had a few sales where search was based on the Image ID, so someone had identified the image beforehand-likely a researcher- and the purchaser downloaded it after.  If you ask Alamy to delete it immediately you would force client to search again, and maybe miss your alternate

you can manipulate the placement if this is a concern to reduce the risk.  First thing is to remove the Super Tag from the original image, maximise them on the old then make the KW and description more marginal.  So the image is still there but less likely to but tops. 

I use the old image ID as a key word for the revision and the revision image ID as a key word for the old one. 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 21:47, MizBrown said:

The argument for deleting the old photos is that they may show up before the better revised photos and not get a zoom.  The argument for leaving older versions up is that if you don't do this that often, you give photo editors a choice of styles.   If you delete from Alamy Image Manager, the old photo stays up for six months.  If you want the old photo deleted faster, ask Alamy contributor relations to delete it.  Judgement calls.  

I recently updated a photo and uploaded, relegating the original to my garbage pseudo. However, for the first time ever, a customer chose to zoom a picture from my photo dustbin, choosing the older version, rather than the new.  I presume the randomised selection of images provided perhaps did not include the "improved " version ?   It didn't sell, at least not yet.