Anyone else received an email from Alamy entitled "Connect with us". I was a little concerned to see that they have a "Pinterest board".

I thought "Pinterest" was mentioned in the forum in the past as being a site which was open to abuse. (picture theft)

Also I thought I read somewhere that "Pinterest" had some kind of connection with "Getty" to?

Allan

I came across link to one of my images in an Alamy pinterest lightbox, so checked it out.

Pinned image has the watermark you see when clicking on thumbnail on Alamy, plus there's "Alamy" + image # in lower left corner.

And, as expected, clicking on pinned image leads directly to Alamy's pop-up "Add to Cart/Buy it Now" page.

So I can live with that.

And speaking of watermarks - my #1 win-win Alamy-related wish would be to have a general watermark that stands out more on both light & dark images + includes image # over area inconvenient to crop out.

Ann

I haven't received anything about Pinterest but I did receive email promoting Alamy Video with a code for 25% off everything in my cart. It said I received this because I'm a register Alamy Customer (?????)

Had two of those....the first one calling me "Helen"...and the second one apologising for calling me "Helen",duh !!!

Grumpy 72yr old man - addressed as Helen as well, and I didn't get a correction ! Also had the 25% off offer !

I really do wish that they would concentrate on their core business - I am fed up to the back teeth with twattering, farcebooking and now pinterizing stuff - I really want to concentrate on MY core business which in theory is making and licensing my images - I spend enough time on here - but excuse myself that it is only while I m waiting for my slow broadband to finish doing something.

If they have plenty of time I would suggest that they revise the deals with canvas print makers and framers which enables them to display large unwatermarked images (with all - even the Alamy© bit - of the IPTC and EXIF information removed) and only charging those companies when (and if) they make contact to say that a print has been ordered. Then they could look at the Group aspect of the Scheming Newspapers Deals, and the syndication arrangements, and the sublicensing............there he goes again pumping serious stuff into a forum which really wants to concentrate on CTR and first sales.....

....told you I was grumpy !

I came across link to one of my images in an Alamy pinterest lightbox, so checked it out.

Pinned image has the watermark you see when clicking on thumbnail on Alamy, plus there's "Alamy" + image # in lower left corner.

And, as expected, clicking on pinned image leads directly to Alamy's pop-up "Add to Cart/Buy it Now" page.

So I can live with that.

And speaking of watermarks - my #1 win-win Alamy-related wish would be to have a general watermark that stands out more on both light & dark images + includes image # over area inconvenient to crop out.

Ann

+1 from me too Ann.

The only rider is that too much watermarking can reduce the images impact on the possible customers making them pass it over.

Allan

+ 1 Ann, and I also received that e-mail. My inexperienced first reaction to it was that Alamy was promoting itself, and by association it's members through several social media sites and that it could be a good thing for members like myself.

Caveat: I have been known to be wrong in the past.

K.

Anyone else received an email from Alamy entitled "Connect with us". I was a little concerned to see that they have a "Pinterest board".

I thought "Pinterest" was mentioned in the forum in the past as being a site which was open to abuse. (picture theft)

Also I thought I read somewhere that "Pinterest" had some kind of connection with "Getty" to?

Allan

Perhaps this http://blog.gettyimages.com/2013/10/25/getty-images-partners-pinterest/#.UmvHOZETvZt is what you read?

Regards

Lionel

Allan

Perhaps this http://blog.gettyimages.com/2013/10/25/getty-images-partners-pinterest/#.UmvHOZETvZt is what you read?

Regards

Lionel

Yes I think that was what I read.

Allan

Archived