1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

Other things are to learn about what you're photographing and to consider what Robert Capa said,  "If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough."

That<s excellent, I had never heard that one. Its up there with the advice on camera settings "f/8 and be there"

• Love 1

If you wait long enough things come true. These days I usually have my camera set to f8 as that's the optimum for many lenses and let the camera pick its settings. When it is in the bag, it will be set to 200 ASA so that there is a good chance I can grab and shoot. Have to intervene from time to time of course. As to getting closer, yes to a point, but not if it has teeth and is angry and I don't just meen animals. As to being dyslexic, don't worry too much about that; many many researches have the same problem so shotgun spelling may be a benefit. I know I've got some howlers out there, more than I'd like.

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

All the BEST photographers have dyslexia! 😊

Which is proof that one gets dyslexia from taking a lot of pictures. 😁

What? Old age? Naah.  https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

wim

3 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

As to getting closer, yes to a point, but not if it has teeth and is angry and I don't just meen animals.

This is what telephoto lenses are for, but yeah, I avoid taking these shots, too.   Humans are animals, too, but can have guns as well as teeth :)

23 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Can't say I'm on the BEST list but I had major reading and comprehension issues as a kid, dyslexia was just one of my academic problems.  Once I was exposed to photography, I knew right away, THAT is a thing I can do. 

OK maybe not the "BEST", but at least a high level of proficiency...?  😆

Same here, photography and my career as a photographer has been a blessing for me.

• Love 1