Lightroom Plugins

FishyJim

Question

Over the last few months there have been three plugins for Lightroom on the Alamy e-mails., I've saved these but have been unable to move them to Lightroom, A few weeks ago there were instructions on how to do this. I thought I had saved these but I seem to have deleted them, can anyone help me?. I'm using Windows 10.

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, FishyJim said:

Over the last few months there have been three plugins for Lightroom on the Alamy e-mails

I don't think I got any, doesn't ring any bells and I don't think they're in the habit of handing out Lightroom plugins. Did they have names, or maybe quote from one of the emails?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FishyJim said:

Over the last few months there have been three plugins for Lightroom on the Alamy e-mails., I've saved these but have been unable to move them to Lightroom, A few weeks ago there were instructions on how to do this. I thought I had saved these but I seem to have deleted them, can anyone help me?. I'm using Windows 10.

Download the plug-in and unpack it, then move or copy it to /Users/<your user name>/Pictures/Lightroom/Plugins or to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC (for Mac, but Windows should be similar).  Then go to Plug-in Manager under File, and click Add and find the plug-in where you've put it and activate it.  

Also, unless this was a plug-in mentioned in a thread you were following, I don't think you'd have mail from Alamy about it (I just checked my Alamy mail), so yeah, be careful.  I've mentioned LensTagger and others have mentioned the Lightroom Alamy bridge plug-in.  Those are legit.  Not sure what others have been mentioned in the forums, but you should be able to find them by searching. 

23 hours ago, FishyJim said:

Titles are Reynate Martinez - Macro Pre-sets,  Kohki Yanaguch - Architecture Pre-sets, Melissa Findley -Nature Pre-sets. Does this mean anything to anyone. 

3 minutes ago, FishyJim said:

Titles are Reynate Martinez - Macro Pre-sets,  Kohki Yanaguch - Architecture Pre-sets, Melissa Findley -Nature Pre-sets. Does this mean anything to anyone. 

Ah, they're presets, not plugins, still not sure which emails from Alamy you've been receiving but not to worry. I'm using an oldish version of Lightroom and it's sometime since I've done it anyway so I'm not the best to advise. I'm sure the creators of your presets will have given instructions but this Adobe page does so also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/kb/faq-install-presets-profiles.html

1 hour ago, Mr Standfast said:

Wim, saw this a few days ago:

•  

Hope it helps

That would mean these presets have been discussed on this forum?

In that case Search has overlooked that thread.

Or did we get PM back?

So it's not originating from the forum. Does Alamy email free Lightroom presets? Hardly likely.

I searched for Reynate Martinez - Macro Pre-sets,  Kohki Yanaguch - Architecture Pre-sets, Melissa Findley on Google and the first thing was that Google corrected Reynate into Reynante and Yanaguch into Yamaguchi.

And apart from one result from Zen Yandex Photar for two out of three, no results. (But after that I did spend quite some time on Photar. At first because of those hilarious cats. One can never have enough cats on the internet. 😁)

My guess is this is on Facebook (or Reddit or similar) and these are things that pop up in one's timeline. Or it's just from the Adobe articles. On this page from Kohki Yamaguchi, there's a perfect description of how to install those presets.

(The other two are on similar pages. The links are at the bottom of this one.)

wim

edit: similar pages

Edited by wiskerke