Fine Art America's new service

This morning I discovered that FAA is offering a new service called 'Interior Designer Program'.  

If your subscribe to this new service,

1. your images on FAA will be edited (chosen) and be available to a new website only available to wholesale customers (i.e., corportate buyers, interior designers, etc)
  2. then, discount will be offered to these buyers (25% ~ 90% discount depending on the buying history of the buyer)
  3. but this discount will be applied to that buyer whether he/she buys one copy or 100+ copies.
  4. you can unsubscribe it at any time

Like everything, it can go either way.  What are your thoughts on this (especially the ones who are doing reasonable business with FAA)?

If it's offering buyers up to 90% discount regardless of how many pics they buy, I reckon it's rather heavily loaded in one all-too-familiar direction . . .

dd

I won't be subscribing.

Allan

I wouldn't either. It's one thing having huge discounts imposed on me by some libraries, it's a totally different kettle of cats to voluntarily put my hand up for same.

dd

I won't be subscribing.

Allan

I wouldn't either. It's one thing having huge discounts imposed on me by some libraries, it's a totally different kettle of cats to voluntarily put my hand up for same.

dd

Allan & dd

Are you not slightly tempted by the possibility of multiple sales?

I haven't decided yet and I am unlikely to subscribe but I am palying devil's advocate here..

I subscribed. Shall see how it goes. I figure that if I make a sale and the discount seems too hefty, I can always unsubscribe.

I wonder what happened to the calendars option that FAA mentioned awhile ago. After all, 'tis the season (already).

'Tis the season for 2015 selections, just and only just. Calendars have a huge lead time.

Already received royalties for 2014 ones.

Chris E

I won't be subscribing.

Allan

dd

Allan & dd

I haven't decided yet and I am unlikely to subscribe but I am palying devil's advocate here..

By agreeing to up to 90% discount? Not in the slightest. I have never subscribed to the "a sale is a sale regardless" mentality.

dd

I won't be subscribing.

Allan

dd

Allan & dd

Multiple sales of next to zero means next to zero return.

Allan

I subscribed. Shall see how it goes. I figure that if I make a sale and the discount seems too hefty, I can always unsubscribe.

I wonder what happened to the calendars option that FAA mentioned awhile ago. After all, 'tis the season (already).

'Tis the season for 2015 selections, just and only just. Calendars have a huge lead time.

Already received royalties for 2014 ones.

Chris E

This is true for commercial calendars. However, my assumption was that the FAA calendars would be sold to individual customers in much the same way prints are, with.no lead time necessary. We would just put the calendars together and make them available for sale on FAA.This is the way Lulu, RedBubble, and other POD websites work. Mind you, there isn't much money to be made from selling calendars IME. They can make good promotional tools if you buy them yourself, though.

Multiple sales.... ?

XXX from 1 photographer or XXX from XXX photographers?

If the last, then we have already experienced this at Alamy. You get 10% from, often, a peanut.

No thanks!

​And BTW, I'm even considering to unsubscribe all together. Fill that my images over there are not safe enough.

​What I wonder is, I am getting enormous amount of views in, eg, China but no sales to China?

I apologise for getting off topic but can't let it be asking: What is your experience in this mater. China / views? 

L

Multiple sales.... ?

XXX from 1 photographer or XXX from XXX photographers?

If the last, then we have already experienced this at Alamy. You get 10% from, often, a peanut.

No thanks!

​And BTW, I'm even considering to unsubscribe all together. Fill that my images over there are not safe enough.

​What I wonder is, I am getting enormous amount of views in, eg, China but no sales to China?

I apologise for getting off topic but can't let it be asking: What is your experience in this mater. China / views? 

L

Sure, there are lots of China views on FAA. But are images really "safe" anywhere (that can be accessed by Google, etc.) on the Web? You can drive yourself crazy worrying about this stuff. The Internet is a gold mine for image robbers.

Archived