"Test" submission - jpeg size

Hi to all,

I'm new here. So I have some questions. I would like to submit the photos for quality control. I have a 10.2 megapixel digital camera. I always take the photos in RAW format. The question is: how can I get the jpeg file size more than 24MB. When I've saved the jpeg file (8 bit) the size is about 7MB. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Regards,

MM

There was a detailed discussion on this in the forum last week. If I knew how to link to it I would do so, but in the absence of that knowledge I'll suggest you could try searching the forum for 'file sizes' or scrolling down the forum topics list  a couple of pages.

Hi to all,

I'm new here. So I have some questions. I would like to submit the photos for quality control. I have a 10.2 megapixel digital camera. I always take the photos in RAW format. The question is: how can I get the jpeg file size more than 24MB. When I've saved the jpeg file (8 bit) the size is about 7MB. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Regards,

MM

24mb is the uncompressed size of the jpeg.  Once you have closed it the file will be much smaller such as 7mb but will vary according to the detail in the image and the degree of compression used.  Try opening your jpeg in Photoshop to find its uncompressed size.

Pearl

Hi to all,

Thanks

Regards,

MM

If you are using a 10.2MP camera.  You will produce roughly 30MB files (uncompressed) assuming you don't crop. 

Archived