Delete duplicate photos?

I recently submitted about 10 photos which usually clear QC in about 24 hours. When I checked back they were gone--not in QC at all! I waited a few days and when they didn't show up I resubmitted  them and they passed QC in the usual time. I did however, receive my Good News email a few days later at about 2:00 am. Just today I realized that the first batch had also passed and so mow in my image manager I have two sets of identical photos.  None, as yet show up in search or in my portfolio. Should I just delete one set? I'm a little afraid now to do anything, as there seems to be bugs in the system.

19 minutes ago, JSaunders said:

I recently submitted about 10 photos which usually clear QC in about 24 hours. When I checked back they were gone--not in QC at all! I waited a few days and when they didn't show up I resubmitted  them and they passed QC in the usual time. I did however, receive my Good News email a few days later at about 2:00 am. Just today I realized that the first batch had also passed and so mow in my image manager I have two sets of identical photos.  None, as yet show up in search or in my portfolio. Should I just delete one set? I'm a little afraid now to do anything, as there seems to be bugs in the system.

that bug seems to have been resolved, and affected images uploaded between Monday and Wednesday (depending where you are in the world).I did  go ahead a deleted the most recent by date, to speed up when they finally will make it for sales , which they now have.

plenty of other issues unresolved and unaddressed however regarding when they do become available for sale.  

Edited by meanderingemu

I have now deleted the duplicate photos. Interesting to know there is no mechanism that prevents you having duplicate photo names and all photo data, as well as duplicate submission  title. I did notice that the identifying number of each photo that Alamy assigns was unique.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Judi, if you have not yet put captions or tags on one set and saved them, you can go to the Optional page and at the bottom and click "delete". 

actually you can do this even if captioned and tagged.  And if you do it before the first server update to have them available for sales (48-72 hours recently) they will be deleted immediately, no 6 months waiting period.  

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I wouldn't recommend the 6-month waiting time. I didn't know that about getting in before the update. Good to know.

6 months is something that is imposed on you.  Delete an image, once it as hit the sales side, which is done automatically for those of us who load with caption and KW, it will be there for 6 months.  

I did ask @Alamy what they recommend we do in this case, as i am sure there will be many from last week. Hopefully they will have a best strategy, not sure we want to load up Contributor support with a bunch of special requests. 

40 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

6 months is something that is imposed on you.  Delete an image, once it as hit the sales side, which is done automatically for those of us who load with caption and KW, it will be there for 6 months.  

I did ask @Alamy what they recommend we do in this case, as i am sure there will be many from last week. Hopefully they will have a best strategy, not sure we want to load up Contributor support with a bunch of special requests. 

When I re-edited some photos, I gave Alamy the old and new image ids for the pairs, and they did delete the old ones immediately.   I've since done some other edits but didn't ask for the older photos to get taken down immediately but did put in keywords pointing to both the old and new photos.

4 hours ago, MizBrown said:

When I re-edited some photos, I gave Alamy the old and new image ids for the pairs, and they did delete the old ones immediately.   I've since done some other edits but didn't ask for the older photos to get taken down immediately but did put in keywords pointing to both the old and new photos.

probably the best now.  i would probably keep KW and caption minimalist on one of them (not suggesting removing totally since i remember being told this was a breach of our contract)  also depends how many people are actually affected....  would have been nice for them to address it, since i did ask right away.