QC failure, inappropriate material

Jose Decio Molaro

Question

Good Morning
I sent some photos and one of them appeared the message:
and in the others I sent the message appeared:
One or more images have failed quality control, this means that the remaining images have been discarded without being evaluated.
Why did this happen?
If anyone can help,
thanks

17 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Good Morning
I sent some photos and one of them appeared the message:
and in the others I sent the message appeared:
One or more images have failed quality control, this means that the remaining images have been discarded without being evaluated.
Why did this happen?
If anyone can help,
thanks

Hi Jose,

Just so you're aware, if one image in an uploaded batch fails Alamy's QC, the whole batch is failed. Alamy is quite hot on contributors doing their own QC because they only do random spot checks themselves.

Unsuitable material - it's covered on this PDF:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Oi jose,

Só para você saber, se uma imagem em um lote carregado falhar no QC do Alamy, todo o lote falhará. Alamy gosta muito de contribuidores que façam seu próprio controle de qualidade porque eles próprios só fazem verificações aleatórias.

Material inadequado - é abordado neste PDF:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

Steve

One of the photos was of a newspaper page, about a racism news that happened in Brazil, in a big supermarket chain.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

One of the photos was of a newspaper page, about a racism news that happened in Brazil, in a big supermarket chain.

Thanks

that would be why.  Infringement of rights of third party.  You would need to make sure the content is part of bigger whole and in context.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hanna_Fate said:

It's also possible that, in describing the photo, you used a racist term in the keywords.

Most contributors tag after QC. Anyway, tags aren't reviewed in QC, only image quality, or in this rare case, content.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hanna_Fate said:

Oh, right.   I forgot this was Alamy.  Although, I suspect racist words appearing in an image, even in a "news" context, would be problematic.

Alamy news subscribe to the "Independent Press Standards" guidelines.  If there isn't an editorial justification for an image it should not be used, it's not just Alamy adopting a moral position.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, meanderingemu said:

that would be why.  Infringement of rights of third party.  You would need to make sure the content is part of bigger whole and in context.

Yes, the mistake was on my part, bad photo, racism, etc ... always learning! Tanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Yes, the mistake was on my part, bad photo, racism, etc ... always learning! Tanks

i understand, i struggle sometimes with how to make something in context when the work is newsworthy.  here is one that i uploaded, get accepted and licensed 2ANXB0T.jpg

as for Racist, i have images that contain  RW extremists, Swearing, Inappropriate Conspiracy theory, people paying tribute to a war criminal..... if they are appropriate for the usage of the image.  I would hate if Alamy restricted News.   

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanna_Fate said:

Oh, right.   I forgot this was Alamy.  Although, I suspect racist words appearing in an image, even in a "news" context, would be problematic.

you have me curious, is there agencies that will restrict the content of images, beyond for copyrights and potential access issues?   This is pretty bad from a freedom of the press standard.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

I think they value the content of the news, although my photo is of racism or something in a large supermarket chain, it does not generate a big interest like the one you posted ... I think

you never know.  I didn't really think it would generate interest, but i found it interesting, and like Edo if i can write a story with the caption it's worth it for me.

It got licensed within a week of upload, and some totally random article on "Family business succession planning" .

8 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

you have me curious, is there agencies that will restrict the content of images, beyond for copyrights and potential access issues?   This is pretty bad from a freedom of the press standard.  

Freedom of the press does not apply to private businesses selling goods.  Stock agencies are not "the press".  Most have a profile that they want to project, and for many, that means limiting content that might distress customers.   One site I sell on does not allow any covid content (a lot has got past the reviewers, but a search for "covid" on that site brings up NO results).   Only one I sell on allows Nazi content outside of editorial.  

"Freedom of the Press" means only that the government may not prohibit expression.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Hanna_Fate said:

Freedom of the press does not apply to private businesses selling goods.  Stock agencies are not "the press".  Most have a profile that they want to project, and for many, that means limiting content that might distress customers.   One site I sell on does not allow any covid content (a lot has got past the reviewers, but a search for "covid" on that site brings up NO results).   Only one I sell on allows Nazi content outside of editorial.  

"Freedom of the Press" means only that the government may not prohibit expression.

I am curious what News and editorial based stock agency site would exclude Covid related images.  That seems a disservice to their clients who then have to go elsewhere.

Edited by meanderingemu

11 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

I am curious what News and editorial based stock agency site would exclude Covid related images.  That seems a disservice to their clients who then have to go elsewhere.

News from Brazil, they only matter when they say the Amazon jungle issue ... if someone wants this crap from the bush, it can take ... lol

49 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

who said anything about a "news and editorial based stock agency"?