We seem to have lost a valuable feature...

It used to be that on a mouseover of thumbnails there was a sign underneath the image that looked like a pile of paper and when hovered over would show small thumbnails of other images of the subject by that photographer. That was a great feature to give a buyer a preview of what else that photographer had available. When I first noticed it this morning it was just my most recently uploaded images that were missing this feature but now it seems to be all of them. Are you all finding the same? If we have lost this I think we should complain.

Paulette

I haven't uploaded any images recently - I agree that it is an important feature.

I just tried a search I knew would come up with one of my older images as one of the first - the feature seemed still to be there in this instance at least.

I remember it disappeared for a short while some years ago - but returned after some days.

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist

Surely the issue is that it doesn't appear in the 'New' section but it does appear in both 'Relevant' & 'Creative', certainly that's happening for me on my own images that I've checked, and yes. it's not on the 'blue number' images either as far as I can see. In both 'Creative' and 'Relevant' it only appears if there are other images by the same photographer that share the same keywords, at least that's how it seems.

28 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Surely the issue is that it doesn't appear in the 'New' section but it does appear in both 'Relevant' & 'Creative', certainly that's happening for me on my own images that I've checked, and yes. it's not on the 'blue number' images either as far as I can see. In both 'Creative' and 'Relevant' it only appears if there are other images by the same photographer that share the same keywords, at least that's how it seems.

I am seeing the same as you. It was always only for the same subject. So if someone saw Betty's delicious piece of cake but wanted a different view they would be able to check quickly to see if she might have it. It's a nice feature and I never noticed its lack before. Maybe it makes sense with the blue number?? Certainly seems like it would be useful in the New section. Perhaps wiser heads can enlighten me further.

Paulette

I'm still seeing the pile of papers, and the feature seems to be working (I'm on Firefox). However, I never checked this feature much, so I don't know if it has changed. When I mouse over the symbol, I'm seeing images of mine with similar keywords. At least it looks to be working that way...

Edited by John Mitchell

It has always related to the subject of the image so maybe the fact that the blue number has the contributor as the primary subject and in NEW it is the date taken means that it can't work there. Is anyone seeing it when they click someone's blue number? Perhaps all this has been happening forever and I never noticed. Glad I asked for feedback before making a complaint.

Paulette

Probably not worth worrying about the blue number route as that's not customer facing. There may be a technical reason why it can't be used in 'New' but if it's useful in Relevant and Creative it would be just as useful in New. Not entirely clear if others are seeing it in 'New'.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 16:37, NYCat said:

It used to be that on a mouseover of thumbnails there was a sign underneath the image that looked like a pile of paper and when hovered over would show small thumbnails of other images of the subject by that photographer. That was a great feature to give a buyer a preview of what else that photographer had available. When I first noticed it this morning it was just my most recently uploaded images that were missing this feature but now it seems to be all of them. Are you all finding the same? If we have lost this I think we should complain.

Just found out that the feature showing the photographer's other images in this way only works if you have chosen large thumbnails in the search - and don't work if you have selected small thumbnails (in the top menu).

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist