Replacing photographs with newer reworked versions

MizBrown

Question

I've added the Image IDs of the old versions as keywords with the new versions and vice versa and deleted the old versions which I understand with take six months

to go away.  Should I contact Alamy to get the substitutions done earlier, or is what I've done sufficient? 

Edited by MizBrown
months, not weeks

16 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Another interesting purposeful thread from you, MizBrown — thanks.

Thank all of you who responded, and thanks for the complement.

Got an email saying that the older versions had been eliminated within minutes of receiving the auto reply.  Thanks to Contributor Relations for handling the request so promptly.

Just now, John Mitchell said:

Alamy seems really adept at programming (easy for me to say). Not sure what you mean by "problems because of typos".

Typing in a slightly different older image ID that does match another photo from the same contributor.

14 hours ago, ReeRay said:

They do. I'm using the Covid lockdown to re-process some of my earlier images and replace them.

Just upload and pass QC with the amended image and then ask Alamy to delete the original. Provide both ID's and that's it, original deleted immediately.  

but you don't keep the history.   if image had been promoted due to whatever rating system alamy uses,  that is lost.

Edited by meanderingemu

17 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

but you don't keep the history.   if image had been promoted due to whatever rating system alamy uses,  that is lost.

I doubt if dark thumbnails help the photos get promoted.

26 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

I doubt if dark thumbnails help the photos get promoted.

was more a general statement,  then specifically to your image.  OP claimed the approach as a replacement and i don't see it as is.  i prefer to maintain the original,  with a reduced footprint (no supertag,  no marginal KW)

16 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I only re-work and delete old images that are not selling and in need of a refresh - obviously