%100 Commission Problem

Outsider

Question

I registered Alamy as a student contributor. According to %100 Commission Policy, once I sold an image then I need to get %100 earning. 

However, as you can see from screenshot my earnings cutting off for Distributor Commission and Alamy Distribution Commission. Those reductions make %50 commission as an overall.

Could anyone explain to me this situation? What am I missing regarding %100 Commission Policy?

indir.png

6 answers to this question

Hi there,

We did respond to your email on this back on the 23rd of June, we hope you got this?

The 100% commission only applies to direct Alamy sales. Looking at these, they appear to have come from our Distribution network which involves third party sellers; this is why the commission split is different.

Thanks

Alamy

Looking at the example you've posted, there are a lot of long-term Alamy contributors with far more images online than you have who would be pleased to have that many sales.

To get any sales at all in the first six months is impressive.

• Like 1

Congratulations on making so many sales in your first 6 months!!  As was explained, other than the "direct" sale you made in May which had a  0% commission deduction, the rest are "distributor" sales where a broker has made the sale on behalf of Alamy. The broker can't work for free, so they get a commission. Carry on!

On 09/07/2020 at 15:51, Phil Robinson said:

Looking at the example you've posted, there are a lot of long-term Alamy contributors with far more images online than you have who would be pleased to have that many sales.

To get any sales at all in the first six months is impressive.

I was going to say this too, very impressive. But then I looked at their pics and it's easy to see why, it's a good portfolio. Good on them I say.