Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Tree ID help

Question

Anyone know what type of tree this is? Quite a few of them in the streets here on Gran Canaria. I've asked a couple of council gardeners

but they just shrug their shoulders.

 

Thanks

 

Joe

 

 

JJ4J92.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Just google (or search on Alamy!) for "red flowers black seed pods".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Anyone know what type of tree this is? Quite a few of them in the streets here on Gran Canaria. I've asked a couple of council gardeners

but they just shrug their shoulders.

 

Thanks

 

Joe

 

 

JJ4J92.jpg

This one may go the way of one I took. It had red berries but I could never identify it, and I refuse to name it if I’m not sure. There were too many that might fit, so I just gave it up and never uploaded it. I spent hours trying to ID it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Looks like a flame tree - Brachychiton sp from the flowers and seed pods.

 

Edit - Maybe B. acerifolius which is grown on Gran Canaria (according to google....must be true!!!). A sneak peek at the leaves when they regrow will confirm...or not.

Edited by GeoffK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Anyone know what type of tree this is?

 

8 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I could never identify it, and I refuse to name it if I’m not sure

Is it worth trying "Picture This"? I knew it was an app for use in the field but it seems you can also upload a picture - Artificial Intelligence!

 

https://www.picturethisai.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, GeoffK said:

Looks like a flame tree - Brachychiton sp from the flowers and seed pods.

 

 

Thanks, Geoff. Much appreciated. 

 

Thanks for the link, Harry.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

 

Is it worth trying "Picture This"? I knew it was an app for use in the field but it seems you can also upload a picture - Artificial Intelligence!

 

https://www.picturethisai.com/

I didn’t think of that. Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

I didn’t think of that. Hmmm.

Actually I think it will struggle with the OP's picture, they look too much like berries, but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, GeoffK said:

Looks like a flame tree - Brachychiton sp from the flowers and seed pods.

 

Edit - Maybe B. acerifolius which is grown on Gran Canaria (according to google....must be true!!!). A sneak peek at the leaves when they regrow will confirm...or not.

I think you're right.  The seed pods certainly match and the flowers have the right look about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

This one may go the way of one I took. It had red berries but I could never identify it, and I refuse to name it if I’m not sure. There were too many that might fit, so I just gave it up and never uploaded it. I spent hours trying to ID it.

If you can post a picture, Betty, I'll have a go.  No promises.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.