Made a mistake. How to delete images before QC?

SonjasEye

Question

Help!!

I by mistake uploaded 28 pictures without getting a chance to put captions or keywords on them and now they're in QC and will most surely get rejected. I tried to stop the uploading, but it was too late. There doesn't seen to be anyone I can call. Is there any way I can caption/keyword them now??

Thanks,

Silly Newbie

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, SonjasEye said:

Help!!

I by mistake uploaded 28 pictures without getting a chance to put captions or keywords on them and now they're in QC and will most surely get rejected. I tried to stop the uploading, but it was too late. There doesn't seen to be anyone I can call. Is there any way I can caption/keyword them now??

Thanks,

Silly Newbie

You can add the captions and keywords once the images have passed QC.  You can do this is Alamy Image Manager. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, geogphotos said:

You can add the captions and keywords once the images have passed QC.  You can do this is Alamy Image Manager. 

Oh great, thank you! So they won't reject them without all that. Works a bit differently than Shutterstock and Adobe then...Thank you so much!

Is this your first submission?  If so then they will be rejected - you must only upload three images on your first submission....

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

Once these have passed QC then you can upload as many as you like.

1 hour ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Is this your first submission?  If so then they will be rejected - you must only upload three images on your first submission....

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

Once these have passed QC then you can upload as many as you like.

No, I got through that hurdle already, but it is my first submitting after the first 3. Every stock company works a little differently and I'm used to having to put in captions and keywords BEFORE submitting for review, not after...

9 hours ago, SonjasEye said:

No, I got through that hurdle already, but it is my first submitting after the first 3. Every stock company works a little differently and I'm used to having to put in captions and keywords BEFORE submitting for review, not after...

The only reason QC will reject them is if there is a problem with quality. And then, unfortunately, if the one(s) randomly inspected fail, then they all fail. 

if you use Lightroom and you’re just starting out with Alamy, I can highly recommend Alamy Lightroom Bridge plug-in.

https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php

Edited by Sally
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SonjasEye said:

You don't show any images on sale. Have you done the work in the Image Manager?

Paulette

I have a similar problem
ftp has uploaded the same photos multiple times
I can't delete them before they pass QC
but after when I can delete delete the photos I get this message:
"Are you sure you want to delete the selected images?
For images already on sale the deletion period is 180 days. For images yet to go on sale the deletion will be completed with the next search engine refresh,usually within 24 hours".

this message makes me suppose that it must be possible to delete a photo before QC .... someone explains me how to do it?