Re-submitting previously accepted images

Hi,  could someone please advise me on how I delete, or withdraw, some submissions that I made in 2017  -    some images from which are on sale and several of them are still awaiting keywording.

I have spent my 'lock-down' time reorganising my files and folders and have now collected very many images from all over several hard drives and got them all together and under new headings and in one folder.   Consequently,  if I could now re-submit them they would be very much easier for me to Keyword.  This new submission would include quite a few fresh images as well as those submitted in 2017,   but I think that I would need to delete the 2017 submissions first.  I have emailed Alamy about this  but they are unable to reply at the moment.

Any help and advise would be appreciated.       David

Hi David,

Alamy might be able to help normally, but I can't see that happening at the moment during Covid-19. And it sounds like there's no easy delete they can do for you either.

So... Your images that aren't on sale can be deleted immediately on the 'options' tab in Alamy image manager. Anything that's already on sale can be deleted but it will take 180 days.

Steve

Edited by Steve F

You can delete from image manager. Images not on sale will go straight away, but the others will stay on sale for 6 months. Alamy will usually exchange new images for old if you send in the two sets of reference numbers, but you can't expect that to happen anytime soon - as you know member services is effectively on hold at the moment.

The new ones you can just submit in the usual way, but unless you have 5 stars QC is taking a very long time just now.

As you describe it, it doesn't sound like a goer. I don't know the circumstances, but you can edit tags in image manager so I do wonder why you need to delete anything..

Edited by spacecadet

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy will usually exchange new images for old if you send in the two sets of reference numbers

Are you sure that is still the case? I had no such luck last time.

Have stopped uploading since btw.

wim

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

wim

I used to do it from time to time but haven't for quite a while so I'm sure you're right.

Edited by spacecadet

I would go ahead and upload the new submission and then put the old ones in the delete queue. I'd ask Alamy to delete them ASAP but otherwise just live with having some duplication until the six months deletion period is up. 

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

wim

Yep. The last time Alamy deleted some of my images immediately due to uploaded improvements  they told me it was not a good idea in the future, and that they may not do it again - as it somehow will disturb the image database. So the 6 months' deletion is to prefer.

About the original poster's question: I would retag the old versions if we are not talking about improvement of the images. After all tagging and keywording of the images and keeping the keywords, captions and descriptions up to date is way more than half of the job.

Edited by Niels Quist