Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Kate

Quality Check times

Question

Hello all,

 

I'm a registered contributor and started selling/uploading in 2011 when I was a student. Then I had a long break to start uploading again this April. My images from the 6th April this year are waiting be be quality checked. I saw another contributor's post saying that his images though took long were finally approved. Has anyone else experienced such a long waiting time? I am aware that the Alamy mentioned longer processing times, but month and a half seem too long. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

One contributor did have a batch that got stuck and apparently overlooked in QC. That was only resolved after he sent an email to "the top". Using the online user list, I've seen that Alamy have viewed your post. However, it is their policy not to reply to any questions posted on this forum. You may find that the issue has been raised behind the scenes and gets resolved, but Alamy won't let you know that here. You may have to email Contributor Relations, but at the moment their response time is obviously greatly extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, DJ Myford said:

One contributor did have a batch that got stuck and apparently overlooked in QC. That was only resolved after he sent an email to "the top". Using the online user list, I've seen that Alamy have viewed your post. However, it is their policy not to reply to any questions posted on this forum. You may find that the issue has been raised behind the scenes and gets resolved, but Alamy won't let you know that here. You may have to email Contributor Relations, but at the moment their response time is obviously greatly extended.

Thank you for your response and your help. I emailed them long ago, might try my luck again. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Kate said:

Hello all,

 

I'm a registered contributor and started selling/uploading in 2011 when I was a student. Then I had a long break to start uploading again this April. My images from the 6th April this year are waiting be be quality checked. I saw another contributor's post saying that his images though took long were finally approved. Has anyone else experienced such a long waiting time? I am aware that the Alamy mentioned longer processing times, but month and a half seem too long. Thank you. 

curious, what is your Star QC rank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

curious, what is your Star QC rank?

Probably the lowest possible, as I've only had a few images and it was ages ago. I saw new contributor's work was approved quicker than mine, so it doesn't matter after 6 weeks of waiting. Still very long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Kate said:

Probably the lowest possible, as I've only had a few images and it was ages ago. I saw new contributor's work was approved quicker than mine, so it doesn't matter after 6 weeks of waiting. Still very long. 

 

Go to the top of your dashboard. In the white section it will tell you your qc rank. Three black stars is standard but some people only have one. Some with a long and fault-free record have five

 

Paulette

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, NYCat said:

 

Go to the top of your dashboard. In the white section it will tell you your qc rank. Three black stars is standard but some people only have one. Some with a long and fault-free record have five

 

Paulette

 

Keep rubbing it in why don't you?🤣

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Keep rubbing it in why don't you?🤣

 

Allan

 

LOL.

Said, of course, by one of the clever dicks with a long and fault-free record. And five stars.

Did I mention I have five stars?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

LOL.

Said, of course, by one of the clever dicks with a long and fault-free record. And five stars.

Did I mention I have five stars?

 

Ahrggggggggg.😖

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

LOL.

Said, of course, by one of the clever dicks with a long and fault-free record. And five stars.

Did I mention I have five stars?

 

Can I assume you haven't seen this Wikipedia definition?   Dick is a common English euphemism for the human penis.[1] It is also used by extension for a variety of slang purposes, generally considered vulgar, including: as a verb to describe sexual activity; and as a pejorative term for individuals who are considered to be rude, abrasive, inconsiderate, or otherwise contemptible.

 

I, of course, don't have one of those nice appendages.

 

Paulette

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Keep rubbing it in why don't you?🤣

 

Allan

 

 

I love you, Allan.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, NYCat said:

 

Can I assume you haven't seen this Wikipedia definition?   Dick is a common English euphemism for the human penis.[1] It is also used by extension for a variety of slang purposes, generally considered vulgar, including: as a verb to describe sexual activity; and as a pejorative term for individuals who are considered to be rude, abrasive, inconsiderate, or otherwise contemptible.

 

I, of course, don't have one of those nice appendages.

 

Paulette

I haven't seen it. The saying  means something quite different and is far older than that anatomical reference. It was used in this country long before anyone knew what the American word meant and that word is still not commonly used here in the way you suggest. Perhaps you'd care to look up the whole expression rather than just the second half of it.

A person with a high opinion of himself.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/clever-dick

And I was actually poking fun at myself.

My Shorter Oxford dictionary has it as a contraction of "Richard" and therefore generically "fellow, lad, man" first used in 1553. It doesn't have the Wiki definition at all.

In short, it doesn't mean what you think it means. Perhaps that Wiki should say "American" rather than "English".

 

 

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 23/05/2020 at 17:04, NYCat said:

 

I love you, Allan.

 

Paulette

 

Love you too Paulette.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.