Quality Check times

Kate

Question

Hello all,

I'm a registered contributor and started selling/uploading in 2011 when I was a student. Then I had a long break to start uploading again this April. My images from the 6th April this year are waiting be be quality checked. I saw another contributor's post saying that his images though took long were finally approved. Has anyone else experienced such a long waiting time? I am aware that the Alamy mentioned longer processing times, but month and a half seem too long. Thank you. 

12 answers to this question

One contributor did have a batch that got stuck and apparently overlooked in QC. That was only resolved after he sent an email to "the top". Using the online user list, I've seen that Alamy have viewed your post. However, it is their policy not to reply to any questions posted on this forum. You may find that the issue has been raised behind the scenes and gets resolved, but Alamy won't let you know that here. You may have to email Contributor Relations, but at the moment their response time is obviously greatly extended.

1 hour ago, DJ Myford said:

One contributor did have a batch that got stuck and apparently overlooked in QC. That was only resolved after he sent an email to "the top". Using the online user list, I've seen that Alamy have viewed your post. However, it is their policy not to reply to any questions posted on this forum. You may find that the issue has been raised behind the scenes and gets resolved, but Alamy won't let you know that here. You may have to email Contributor Relations, but at the moment their response time is obviously greatly extended.

Thank you for your response and your help. I emailed them long ago, might try my luck again. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Kate said:

Hello all,

I'm a registered contributor and started selling/uploading in 2011 when I was a student. Then I had a long break to start uploading again this April. My images from the 6th April this year are waiting be be quality checked. I saw another contributor's post saying that his images though took long were finally approved. Has anyone else experienced such a long waiting time? I am aware that the Alamy mentioned longer processing times, but month and a half seem too long. Thank you. 

curious, what is your Star QC rank?

20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

curious, what is your Star QC rank?

Probably the lowest possible, as I've only had a few images and it was ages ago. I saw new contributor's work was approved quicker than mine, so it doesn't matter after 6 weeks of waiting. Still very long. 

4 hours ago, Kate said:

Probably the lowest possible, as I've only had a few images and it was ages ago. I saw new contributor's work was approved quicker than mine, so it doesn't matter after 6 weeks of waiting. Still very long. 

Go to the top of your dashboard. In the white section it will tell you your qc rank. Three black stars is standard but some people only have one. Some with a long and fault-free record have five

Paulette

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Go to the top of your dashboard. In the white section it will tell you your qc rank. Three black stars is standard but some people only have one. Some with a long and fault-free record have five

Paulette

Keep rubbing it in why don't you?🤣

Allan

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

LOL.

Said, of course, by one of the clever dicks with a long and fault-free record. And five stars.

Did I mention I have five stars?

Ahrggggggggg.😖

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

LOL.

Said, of course, by one of the clever dicks with a long and fault-free record. And five stars.

Did I mention I have five stars?

Can I assume you haven't seen this Wikipedia definition?   Dick is a common English euphemism for the human penis.[1] It is also used by extension for a variety of slang purposes, generally considered vulgar, including: as a verb to describe sexual activity; and as a pejorative term for individuals who are considered to be rude, abrasive, inconsiderate, or otherwise contemptible.

I, of course, don't have one of those nice appendages.

Paulette

48 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Can I assume you haven't seen this Wikipedia definition?   Dick is a common English euphemism for the human penis.[1] It is also used by extension for a variety of slang purposes, generally considered vulgar, including: as a verb to describe sexual activity; and as a pejorative term for individuals who are considered to be rude, abrasive, inconsiderate, or otherwise contemptible.

I, of course, don't have one of those nice appendages.

Paulette

I haven't seen it. The saying  means something quite different and is far older than that anatomical reference. It was used in this country long before anyone knew what the American word meant and that word is still not commonly used here in the way you suggest. Perhaps you'd care to look up the whole expression rather than just the second half of it.

A person with a high opinion of himself.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/clever-dick

And I was actually poking fun at myself.

My Shorter Oxford dictionary has it as a contraction of "Richard" and therefore generically "fellow, lad, man" first used in 1553. It doesn't have the Wiki definition at all.

In short, it doesn't mean what you think it means. Perhaps that Wiki should say "American" rather than "English".

Edited by spacecadet