I wonder if some tech savvy person could explain to me why it takes so long to open the "Your Image" tab in Alamy Measures.  I notice that my browser is "sending request to Facebook" while I'm waiting.  Is that normal?  What's Facebook got to do with Alamy measures?  Inquiring minds (mine) would like to know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

I think it has to do with your Facebook settings allowing them to  track websites you visit to then post targeted adds rather than random ones

How could FB settings affect what Alamy's site does? I don't have any "facebook settings" because I don't use it, and I see the "waiting for FB" message.

Ads don't appear on Alamy.

Edited by spacecadet

The only reason I put that was because since I joined a pod site I keep seeing adverts on Facebook for them even though I don't follow them on Facebook.

Plus this -

Targeted advertising is performed by analyzing consumers' activities through online services such as cookies and data-mining, both of which can be seen as detrimental to consumers' privacy. Marketers research consumers' online activity for targeted advertising campaigns like programmatic and SEO.

Try this to stop the adds (i realise if Alamy is connected to FB somehow it will not stop their name appearing)  -

Turn off targeted Facebook ads

Then click on the “ads based on my use of websites and apps” setting and press the “choose setting” button and select “off.” Once you turn this feature off, Facebook says you will still see the same number of ads, but they may be less relevant to you.

2 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

The only reason I put that was because since I joined a pod site I keep seeing adverts on Facebook for them even though I don't follow them on Facebook.

Plus this -

Targeted advertising is performed by analyzing consumers' activities through online services such as cookies and data-mining, both of which can be seen as detrimental to consumers' privacy. Marketers research consumers' online activity for targeted advertising campaigns like programmatic and SEO.

Try this to stop the adds (i realise if Alamy is connected to FB somehow it will not stop their name appearing)  -

Turn off targeted Facebook ads

Then click on the “ads based on my use of websites and apps” setting and press the “choose setting” button and select “off.” Once you turn this feature off, Facebook says you will still see the same number of ads, but they may be less relevant to you.

Or use Facebook Container if you use Firefox as a browser.  Facebook is amazingly intrusive.

• Love 1