goddess ID help please

george

Question

11 answers to this question

Here at the competition they think she's Balinese.

Prajnaparamita (of Java) or Prajna paramita looks a lot like her. But if you search for Devi; Dewi Sri or Lakshmi; Dewi Parvati or Devi Tara (a form of Parvati) , they all look like her too.

To me all penguins  look the same. To a penguin all humans look the same.

wim

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

You been talking to penguins again, Wim?

How tall are the penguins these days?

Group of Adélie Penguins (Pygoscelis adeliae) going into the Sea, Cape Adare, Antarctica. - Stock Image

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHp0miBZURFE3tk7BbBnxFK04B-DhBIKvXlifi_dEp_16YZ6G9xQ&s

Penguin/nun jokes.

Then again it's Mardi gras / Carnival / Fasching / Fastnacht / Carnevale so what's underneath is anybody's guess. 🤣

wim

edit: my favorite from that page: here.

Don't look if you're easily offended by nun jokes though.

🐧

Edited by wiskerke

😆🤣

Here’s one. But it’s true. As very young parents (I was 17 when I became a mom), we foolishly raised our kids on horror movies. I know, I know...kids raising kids....

All three kids are in the car I’d kept that day to pay bills. We went to pick up their dad from work. Hubby’s work had built a new warehouse, and that day had a Grand Opening. I parked to wait, we were about 15 minutes early.

A big black Cadillac drove up and parked. 4 nuns in full flowing black habits got out, and walked across the lot in front of our car, robes blowing in the Oklahoma wind, to see the building and partake of refreshments.  
Kim, my youngest, 4 years old, mouth open, watched completely fascinated. She turned to me and said, “Look, mama, Vampires!”

Betty

And yes, we all had nightmares on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

I went to St. Paul's primary school with the Sisters of Charity. They wore all black. After that, I was with the Jesuits, the Franciscan monks, and finally Catholic University in DC. I still think well of all of them, but as far as the religion goes, they lost me in the 4th grade.

Jenny OP: put in the tags Cambodian and Cambodia as well as Khmer. 

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

It's right next to me here, Wim, hanging on the back of a chair. I've switched to a wooden scarf for the winter months here in Liverpool. 

Unfair to laugh at typos but the idea of a wooden scarf is classic. Thank you!!!! 

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It's right next to me here, Wim, hanging on the back of a chair. I've switched to a woollen scarf for the winter months here in Liverpool.

<nice video>

Lots of tricks I didn't know.

And then he says: in the old days, for old people...

Yep I know that one. 👴

wim