Sold, refunded, sold, refunded

I was going through my sales history, and two of my images keep on popping up.
It starts on July 10th 2018 with one, sold to Japan. It is sold again on January 15th 2019, then again on March 26th 2019.
That last one is then refunded EIGHT months later, on November 27th. It is then again sold on November 12th, refunded again on November 18th and sold again also on November 18th, and sold again on November 27th.

A second image was sold, also, to Japan on September 24th and refunded on November 27th, and again sold on the same day.

I reckon this is the same client every time.
Anyone have a clue on what's happening? And how they allow a refund after EIGHT months?

Not like that yet and 8 month sounds to me like being on the wrong side of right?!

Maybe its a distributor that does not get his sales right? 

I had a funny one beginning of the year, image sold one day, was credited the next day and sold again that day with a 22 cent rebate on the original sales price :wacko:.

I posed the same question to Alamy via email, and all they said was exactly what I can see in my sales history: sale refunded and rebilled.
There was no explanation as to how a sale can be refunded 8 months later.

This wasn't just a "sale that was refunded and rebilled", anyway. It was a sale that was refunded twice and sold 6 times.
Now I'm just wondering how many refunds I can expect still... 🤨

Yep!! same thing happened to me . 2 of these 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 01 April 2024
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

27 November 2019

Sale refunded - Original sale date (23 May 2019)

Then both sold again 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 01 April 2024
Japan, Book, print and/or e-book

I have always thought that Alamy should let us know why an image was refunded if they know. Lets face it with the QC method that Alamy uses a bad image could sneak through. I would have thought if that was the case then it would be for everyones benefit to know why it was refunded. 

5 minutes ago, Shergar said:

I have always thought that Alamy should let us know why an image was refunded if they know. Lets face it with the QC method that Alamy uses a bad image could sneak through. I would have thought if that was the case then it would be for everyones benefit to know why it was refunded. 

Well none of mine has ever been refunded over quality!

Most are rebilled under slightly different terms. Or projects get cancelled.

Edited by spacecadet

59 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Well none of mine has ever been refunded over quality!

Most are rebilled under slightly different terms. Or projects get cancelled.

Thats great to hear Mark. How do you know when it's a  project  that's been cancelled. Am I missing something?

I had five of those, all from/to Japan. All the same image. However the total of the last sales is significantly higher than the initial sales.

So I'm not complaining.

A simple search on this forum for refunds brings up 15 pages @25 with questions, outbursts and answers. Just refund: 26 pages.

If one adds reason or why or Alamy, the list gets shorter. Don't forget to check the box All of my search term words in the +More search options tab.

Is there a good answer? Yes many even. The most important one: we see those sales and refunds because the reporting is done almost real time.

If you get upset, just don't look.

wim

edit: and guilty as charged, I'm in those threads quite often 😂😳

Edited by wiskerke

We’ve only had a couple of refunds, one of them after 10 months! Both were re-bought  but what is annoying is that the refunded amount is deducted from your balance and you then have to wait a month or two for the ‘new’ sale to clear. 

Customer service denies that it's the same client for all the images.
I find it a bit of a coincidence that the location and the use on all the (re)sold images are exactly the same.

Also... I asked twice literally "How long do you allow refunds, because I think 8 months is quite a long time to get a refund." and that question was both times conveniently ignored.