Please have a look

Scruffy

Hi Jeanette -

I'm no expert (still learning much myself), but I'd say your images are sharp with a defined subject base, beautifully composed with copy space. They look good to me, but best wait to hear more from those much more experienced. 

Bridget

Edited by BidC

Some very nice pictures. You've certainly got some saleable material there. Pay a little attention to some of your captions. Most of them are good but for example T39P6R caught my eye. I thought "What a beautiful image - I want to know where it is" but sadly the caption doesn't tell me. Captions are very important. A busy picture researcher won't necessarily bother to zoom the image to find missing details.

Alan

I am very impressed by the standard of photography and at first glance surprised that you aren't achieving an above average sales ratio ( as a guess approx 1 sale per month per 500-2000 images).

But I do see some areas where the captioning could be more specific and detailed.

Firstly, where is this, what does it show etc

Medieval stone carved figure of woman 

- Image ID: GJANK7

Secondly, what is the name for this type of low lying cloud in the valley? For me it nicely illustrates valley fog caused by temperature inversion. Apart from a buyer looking for a nice landscape ( which it is) or a general image of Mam Tor ( which it is ) it could also be used for a text book on meteorology - which would reduce the competition in searches because fewer photos will have that additional knowledge attached to them

Trig point on top of Mam Tor, Peak District, UK. Early morning with mist in Edale and Hope Valley, and the Great Ridge rising above the mist 

- Image ID: 2A0K2T6

Third one 

Cabbage plants with club root disease, a fungal infection which inhibits plant growth shown by distorted swollen roots. 

- Image ID: W4D2RM

Latin names. It looks as this is caused by  Plasmodiophora brassicae

I think that the images themselves are top notch but that some more research to identify specific potential uses would make the images much more useable and reduce search competition. And although I can't really claim to do this always myself, this is where it is very helpful to develop a niche to give yourself an edge over others.

Edited by geogphotos

Hi Jeanette,

I don't really have anything to say about the images, punchy colours, good lighting, good composition - they look very saleable.

Keywording:

Troyes, France; 8th September 2019 - Old half-timbered houses in town centre - Image ID: 2A1E17Y: I would have added "Troyes, wood, wooden, colourful,  colorful, houses, red, yellow" as keywords. Not sure why "stone" is there.

Dordogne Valley, view from Domme - Image ID: 2A1AJPH: I would have written something like "An aerial view of the Dordogne valley and river viewed from the village Domme and a popular tourist destination in the Dordogne.

Keywords: french, stone bridge, aerial, countryside

London Stock Exchange logo outside offices in London - Image ID: WWDE5C

Additional keywords: stocks and shares, financial markets, pensions, investing, equities, crash, bull market, bear market, downturn

Also, is it THE London Stock Exchange building? You've described it as just being 'offices'. Which street is it?

Steve

p.s. I'm sure you're aware from lots of threads on the Alamy forum, but more pictures generally equals more sales.

Edited by Steve F
Because my geography is rubbish

Just now, Steve F said:

Hi Jeanette,

I don't really have anything to say about the images, punchy colours, good lighting, good composition - they look very saleable.

Keywording:

Troyes, France; 8th September 2019 - Old half-timbered houses in town centre - Image ID: 2A1E17Y: I would have added "Troyes, wood, wooden, colourful,  colorful, houses, red, yellow" as keywords. Not sure why "stone" is there. Also, aube is dawn in English.

?

Steve

Aube is the region in which Troyes is.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Aube is the region in which Troyes is.... 

Oh dear, I never heard of this department, my French geography is rubbish... and there I was getting cocky with my French language skills!! Thanks meanderingemu

Edited by Steve F

5 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Oh dear, I never heard of this department, my French geography is rubbish... and there I was getting cocky with my French language skills!! Thanks meanderingmu

don't worry neither did i (i know the south west better), I had looked at the picture before because it's lovely and  then search the use of Champagne and Burgundy in the keywords  because i am still not sure you can be both.... 

well done on knowing aube 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1