Download feature in AIM

Hi all,

I have never been able to use the download feature that appears at the bottom of the AIM box (Caption, keywords etc), as I receive the following error message each time I try:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ASP.myupload_metadatadownloadhandler_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have reported it to Alamy, with no response other than being told it will be sent on to the tech team.

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Thanks in advance

Bridget

2 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I think someone else did get an error message, hopefully they will chip in. It would be useful to know what browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.) and whether Mac or PC. It's always worked fine for me on Mac & PC with Chrome.

Thanks Harry,

I'm using a Mac with Safari.

I even tried disabling the ad blocker before trying to download, to no avail.

But hopefully, as you say, someone may have a solution :)

BW

Bridget

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

I get that with FF and Chrome. Always have so never bothered to fix it.

Same :)

Just reading through some of the postings, and it seems people find it useful for assessing keywords etc, so wanted to explore why it isn't working.

Thanks for posting

3 minutes ago, BidC said:

Same :)

Just reading through some of the postings, and it seems people find it useful for assessing keywords etc, so wanted to explore why it isn't working.

Thanks for posting

On this error message Google is your enemy, but there are a few IT boffins here who might be able to translate it into idiot English for us.

Edited by spacecadet

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

On this error message Google is your enemy, but there are a few IT boffins here who might be able to translate it into idiot English for us.

I hope so 😀

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Same error here. Only tried Firefox and Chrome.

wim

Hmm - it seems a bit hit and miss as to when/where it works, but maybe Alamy will pick up on this and follow through.

17 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

I just tried in Chrome, Firefox and Edge - got the error message in all.

Hmm - maybe it doesn't really work, though I'm sure I've read that some people use this. 

So anyway, I'm not really missing anything ! 😀

It does sound useful

Maybe it's the Mac update.

I have 'High Sierra', but using Safari (so completely Apple based)  -  Chrome belongs to Google, and they collect so much information that I decided not to use ....

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Just tried it again, works for me with Chrome on Windows 7 64-bit & Mac El Capitan, Very strange, never had a problem. It's almost instantaneous, just request the data then refresh the page and download.

Works for me - using either Google Chrome or Safari, both on Mac High Sierra.

Mark

39 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Works for me - using either Google Chrome or Safari, both on Mac High Sierra.

Mark

Hmm ... everytime I try it, it doesn't work ... maybe its the AdBlock, but even if I untick that, the error message appears. Never mind ! C'est la vie

16 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Well, I hope that Alamy are looking into. It's a very good feature and saves them from having to supply the download csv on request, as used to happen, but if the majority can't use it because of this bug then the work is going to be wasted.

Thanks Harry :)  Just checked to see if it was possibly due to the firewall, and discovered the firewall is 'off', and won't turn back 'on', so the conversation hs also been useful in that I have now asked McAfee for help on a completely different, but perhaps more important, topic (!)

• 4 months later...