Car ID Please

aphperspective

Question

10 answers to this question

Looks quite similar to a model from the 1927-31 Ford Model A range like this one, with the stone guard removed from the radiator:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_A_(1927–31)#/media/File:1928_Model_A_Ford.jpg

I think they would have called it a Deluxe Roadster, so actually more like this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_A_(1927–31)#/media/File:Ford_A_de_Luxe_Roadster_blue_vrd.jpg

Edited by Harry Harrison

20 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Fantastic piece of work. Thanks again.

I should point out that Avpics got the actual car, goodness knows how (hotline to Wim?). Bye the bye I remember passing a silver 'statue' of a Model T Ford on the way down from Cork to Skibbereen on my only trip to Ireland. I expect you know it, I think it's in the village that Henry Ford's father came from.

Edited by Harry Harrison

10 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

I should point out that Avpics got the actual car, goodness knows how (hotline to Wim?). Bye the bye I remember passing a silver 'statue' of a Model T Ford on the way down from Cork to Skibbereen on my only trip to Ireland. I expect you know it, I think it's in the village that Henry Ford's father came from.

That village is Ballinascarthy, it gets plenty of attention from tourists. Keep telling myself to take a pic every time i pass it. Thanks to you all.

At the risk of ruining Avpics reputation I find it is worth googling registration numbers. In the UK doing so for any car gives a good chance of getting make and model for UK plates (the exception is if the number plate has been sold as private and used on a different vehicle)  - with classics and rarities like the one here there is a good chance it will show up no matter what country the registration plate is from.  This also works with things like traction engines - if they have any sort of name or number on them google it.  It is amazing what you can find out.