Submitting a News image?

StefanKadar

Question

Hi Everyone,

How do you go about uploading images as News I have images already on Alarmy and was walking passed Downing street today with Teachers and children marching

about school cuts so took some images.

But unable to upload as news so now I guess it will take 24hrs or longer to approve or get rejected.

Oh inside my profile I set up from drop down Landscape and 2nd was News and saved the settings and this made no difference to my submission.

Kind regards,

Stefan

10 answers to this question

Stefan,

It is really simple.  If you "know NEWS" and produce "NEWS IMAGES" Alamy will let you upload.

Or if you have images from an event you can email Alamy news.

During the "Arab Spring" I setup a photographer, at the time he had no contact with Alamy,

but he was contract with TIME Magazine for two decades, and he was uploading news

in 60 minutes.

The bottom line is that Alamy NEWS is there to help you and Alamy.

Just make sure that what you have is worth their time...

Chuck Nacke

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for replying, I shall try the email next time as I was uploading also at the time via the google app and did the

rest when I got home..

Kind regards

Stefan Kadar

as added information, i can relate my recent experience.  I had some soft news that i thought might be of interest for immediate upload, so i emailed the desk within 5 minutes with a sample photo...  i had reply to confirm event was from that day (it was) and i had standard caption format (i did).  News side was up within 10 minutes from initial request, and set push in 15 minutes.  

No sales, but a really positive experience, as well as loads of info of what they need for the process....  

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

as added information, i can relate my recent experience.  I had some soft news that i thought might be of interest for immediate upload, so i emailed the desk within 5 minutes with a sample photo...  i had reply to confirm event was from that day (it was) and i had standard caption format (i did).  News side was up within 10 minutes from initial request, and set push in 15 minutes.  

No sales, but a really positive experience, as well as loads of info of what they need for the process....  

Good to hear, well done!

12 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Since losing Live News, to reduce the weight I carry, I often don't carry a laptop with me, perhaps I should. 

Just out of interest, what day and time did you contact Alamy at and get the quick response back from them?

9 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Since losing Live News, to reduce the weight I carry, I often don't carry a laptop with me, perhaps I should. 

Just out of interest, what day and time did you contact Alamy at and get the quick response back from them?

I just checked my email....  It was a wednesday, just past 13:30 Western Europe, so 12:30 UK.    

Edited by meanderingemu

Hi meanderingemu,

This is very useful information, when you emailed did you enclose all your Alarmy details or upload also to Alarmy then email

them with image ref number etc.

My images was of children protesting outside Downing street but by the time they got approved as this happend on friday and nothing approves over

the weekend my images was now history.

Regards,

Stefan

14 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I just checked my email....  It was a wednesday, just past 13:30 Western Europe, so 12:30 UK.    

Thanks, useful to know. It may be as I suspected, Alamy may consider what you have when they have staff working, but less likely when there's no one in the office to make a decision. Last time I had 12 images captioned, tagged and ready to go was a Monday, so they may have been acceptable to Alamy rather than going elsewhere.