2 minutes ago, British Gent said:

Photo opportunities not far from, if not actually in, Liverpool my vote would go to New Brighton. It was my Disneyland growing up in Wallasey in the sixties and subsequently made somewhat famous by Martin Parr (The Last Resort). I know Parr has come in for some criticism for those images, arguably demeaning his subjects and 'stylising' his depiction of the less well-off. I suppose, but I feel nothing but nostalgia when I look at them (which I frequently do). Book a ferry ticket! Haven't been back for decades, but I'd be surprised if it disappointed.

Martin Parr was the first 'proper' photographer to whom I showed my first photos, when he was living in Hebden Bridge. His verdict: "snapshots". He was right!

14 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Martin Parr was the first 'proper' photographer to whom I showed my first photos, when he was living in Hebden Bridge. His verdict: "snapshots". He was right!

Harsh! He seems like such a nice guy too!